Sign in to follow this  
random

Garrity, missing piece?

In the first 9 games of the season, we went 7W-2L with him, only losing to Phoenix and Detroit. Then he got injured and without him we went 10W-7L. Now he comes back for the game in Houston and we come up with the W.

Coincidence? I don't think so, he's our guy!

Go Pat, Go Magic!

In the first 9 games of the season, we went 7W-2L with him, only losing to Phoenix and Detroit. Then he got injured and without him we went 10W-7L. Now he comes back for the game in Houston and we come up with the W.

Go Pat, Go Magic!

OMG! This is the most positive thread ever. Hall of Fame material.

Seriously though, I like him more than Cook. I think he's toughness is so unexpected of his looks. hihi

lol. although i think this is funny, i think it unfortunately reflects the negatives of the ariza trade. cause if ariza was still here, he would've been the one to play. anyways. that's okay. we won. and I think garrity played pretty well. got a few rebounds. made a couple of shots. You don't expect much more out of him at this age with his knees.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

Go Pat, Go Magic!

I have said that I like Pat's game in conjunction with the other Magic players. He has the spot-up shot to draw the other teams PF out, and is willing to give up his body on defense. I am not saying that he is a good defender, so don't smack me on this! I am saying that he works hard to put a body on the PF and make them work harder to score. Should he be starting, no. Is he a valuable piece in the "4 shooters around Dwight to free up space" plan, yes. Will we win extra games because he played?? Maybe. Sometimes the games come down to one or two possessions. We always hear the basketball guys saying someone does the "little things that don't show up in the boxscore, but help you win a game". Are those little things bodying out the opposing PF one step when he is trying to make his move, or tipping a rebound so it stays alive instead of immediately being caught by your opponent?

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by random:

Go Pat, Go Magic!

I have said that I like Pat's game in conjunction with the other Magic players. He has the spot-up shot to draw the other teams PF out, and is willing to give up his body on defense. I am not saying that he is a good defender, so don't smack me on this! I am saying that he works hard to put a body on the PF and make them work harder to score. Should he be starting, no. Is he a valuable piece in the "4 shooters around Dwight to free up space" plan, yes. Will we win extra games because he played?? Maybe. Sometimes the games come down to one or two possessions. We always hear the basketball guys saying someone does the "little things that don't show up in the boxscore, but help you win a game". Are those little things bodying out the opposing PF one step when he is trying to make his move, or tipping a rebound so it stays alive instead of immediately being caught by your opponent?

agree. nice post.

Garitty is better then Cook because Cook is absolutely useless,

but both Gortat and Augustine would be much better then Garitty if they got a chance

Wow, I didn't know there were any Garrity fans alive. Serious though, I don't know if him being in the game means much, I mean he only had two points. But, maybe he is like your lucky underwear. If so wear them bad boys until they crawl off of you.

His stroke looked pretty smooth last night on that first jumper!

Seriously, he still warrants playing time "IF" he is making shots?!

That's why Stan had to put him back in isolation, he stopped hitting his jumper. I still say the guy can help this team if he can make shots.

Right, Soul Bro?