Sign in to follow this  
random

2008 NBA All-Star Balloting - Dwight on top of centers!gbet

Dwight has just less than Lebron James and is second overall. That's insane considering he isn't an icon on tv commercials and whatnot like james is.

Interesting to note that Hedo has more votes than Rashard. Also interesting is both or at least 1 could be in the all star game if the votes continue as they are, as backups anyway but still all-stars nonetheless.

uhmmm what happened with my Carlos Arroyo vote.....is there anywhere you can actually see a list of all the players and the votes?

I think its interesting to see Hedo with more votes than Rashard....

Heh, and I just voted.

I'm stunned that people are actually recognizing Dwight's talent. About double the votes that Shaq has?? He really has been pumped up on those NBA TV/ESPN/TNT studio shows though, so I'm sure that's helped nationally.

Looking at the returns, there's still some total popularity contests going on out there. How does T-Mac have more votes than Steve Nash & especially Chris Paul, who may be actually playing the best out of anyone? I mean 110,000 votes? That's it!?

Erick Dampier having more votes than Marcus Camby is purely ridiculous. Especially since Dampier's been hurt for the first month or so of the season and, oh yeah, he's not nearly as good as him either.

The East forward backups to KG & LeBron will be wide open. Caron Butler? Paul Pierce? Bosh? Rashard!? Hedo?? I can see any combination of those guys going and find it reasonable. (I bet Hedo will be an in-style sleeper pick for the coaches)

I can't even begin to tell you my problems with the voting so far for the West forwards. You don't have all day to read this, I don't have all day to write it.

My shocker prediction is that the coaches pick Big Z to backup Dwight and not Shaquille. You heard it here first.

It's cool that Dwight has the inside track to be a starter, and it is not impossible that Rashard and/or Hedo could be backups. Too cool.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I think its interesting to see Hedo with more votes than Rashard....

one word.

Turkey.

also, D12 is WHOOPIN Shaquina...

and its sweet to see that Dwight has more votes than EVEN YAO!!!

I cannot believe that Yi is fifth with just write in votes. As soon as he makes the ballot you can go ahead and lock him at the forward spot for a few years.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I cannot believe that Yi is fifth with just write in votes. As soon as he makes the ballot you can go ahead and lock him at the forward spot for a few years.

which is why fans SHOULD NOT be voting.