Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Many Redick, Magic questions in D. Thorpe's insider chat

quote:

Ben (Hanover, Pa): Your favorite JJ Redick fan is back. Now that he is playing he is scoring and playing well. Did you see the 27 foot three he hit against the Suns? Give him the rock. He better be in the 3 point contest.

David Thorpe: Not my fave, I'm too much in love with my pupils, but I have always thought he'd be good in a steady role. Worth watching.

quote:

Nick (sf): um, JJ Redick can't play D to save his life. did you see how the warriors abused him the other night. so even if he is the best pure shooter in the league - he shouldn't be on the floor

David Thorpe: Welcome to the NBA, Nick. FYI-we have lots of great offensive players playing the 2. So we invented a new strategy on defense-it's called "team defense". We do things like help and recover, trap, fake and retreat, stunt, and zone up.

quote:

Jonathan (Brooklyn): Playing the race card. If JJ Redick was black, would he be as widely hated as he currently is? I mean, people HATE the guy!

David Thorpe: A better question is, if he played anywhere other than Duke would he be hated.

quote:

Drew (NYC) : JJ Redick is hated because he crumbled like paper against LSU, cried after it and then got caught up on a DWI. Overated spot up shooter.

David Thorpe: The fast life in NYC is getting to you.

quote:

Buddy (Florida): Do you think the Orlando Magic have a chance to beat out the Boston Celtics for the 1 seed in the Eastern Conference?

David Thorpe: Yes.

1. Injuries

2. Can Boston play to this level all season?

quote:

Matt (Tallahasse, FL): D-Thor, love your chats and this is the first time I've actually asked a question so hopefully your answer. I realize it's not necessarily probable, but could you see Dwight Howard possibly winning MIP, MVP, and Defensive Player of the Year if he and the Magic keep up what they're doing?

David Thorpe: Doubtful but possible. Chad Ford called him for MIP, I thought he would be MVP, and I think someone here wrote he'd be DPOY. He's a monster any way you look at it.

quote:

Jonathan (Dallas, TX): Me and my friends have a new nickname for Dwight Howard. We call him Thor. Please spread the word to the masses.

David Thorpe: Done. But I fear you will be alone on this.

quote:

Cliff (Virginia Tech): Is Jameer Nelson the point guard in Orlando for years to come or do you think they'll look to upgrade?

David Thorpe: Let's see how this season goes first.

quote:

Michael (Arlington, TX): David, I also call Dwight Howard "Thor." There might be more people than you think.

David Thorpe: You mean 10 dudes instead of 8?

quote:

Arturo (Malaga): Do you think Fran Vasquez regrets for his desicion of not play with Orlando.. with him Magics will be very good down low.. can they still sing him this season?

David Thorpe: No. But he does not know what he's missing.

quote:

Paul (Orlando): What do the Magic need to do to beat the Suns, Spurs, and Pistons of the world?

David Thorpe: Confidence. And for Lewis or Nelson to step up their games in those contests.

quote:

Gabriel, Puerto Rico: Are the orlando magic championship contenders or are they just a team that will make the playoffs?

David Thorpe: I think they are contenders, but far from favorites.

quote:

John (Raleigh): I say Dwight Howard's nickname should be "Loch Ness".

David Thorpe: What, you guys trying to kill his marketing future?

quote:

Jesse (MI): David, your FLA bias is asinine. The Magic are not even close to being contenders. They have no depth at all. You called them contenders last season too. I'm gonna bring this up during a another chat later in the year when the Magic are playing like their true selves, then we will see what you have to say about it.

David Thorpe: Well, i don't think the HEAT are contenders, and if I was so biased, wouldn't I? Perhaps you are just jealous that I once had credibility!!

quote:

Mike (Boston, MA): No no no, it's not "Thor". Dwight Howard's nickname is now Meast....half man half best.

David Thorpe: Ok, that'll do it for today. See everyone next week.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18353

quote:

Ben (Hanover, Pa): Your favorite JJ Redick fan is back. Now that he is playing he is scoring and playing well. Did you see the 27 foot three he hit against the Suns? Give him the rock. He better be in the 3 point contest.

David Thorpe: Not my fave, I'm too much in love with my pupils, but I have always thought he'd be good in a steady role. Worth watching.

quote:

Nick (sf): um, JJ Redick can't play D to save his life. did you see how the warriors abused him the other night. so even if he is the best pure shooter in the league - he shouldn't be on the floor

David Thorpe: Welcome to the NBA, Nick. FYI-we have lots of great offensive players playing the 2. So we invented a new strategy on defense-it's called "team defense". We do things like help and recover, trap, fake and retreat, stunt, and zone up.

quote:

Jonathan (Brooklyn): Playing the race card. If JJ Redick was black, would he be as widely hated as he currently is? I mean, people HATE the guy!

David Thorpe: A better question is, if he played anywhere other than Duke would he be hated.

quote:

Drew (NYC) : JJ Redick is hated because he crumbled like paper against LSU, cried after it and then got caught up on a DWI. Overated spot up shooter.

David Thorpe: The fast life in NYC is getting to you.

quote:

Buddy (Florida): Do you think the Orlando Magic have a chance to beat out the Boston Celtics for the 1 seed in the Eastern Conference?

David Thorpe: Yes.

1. Injuries

2. Can Boston play to this level all season?

quote:

Matt (Tallahasse, FL): D-Thor, love your chats and this is the first time I've actually asked a question so hopefully your answer. I realize it's not necessarily probable, but could you see Dwight Howard possibly winning MIP, MVP, and Defensive Player of the Year if he and the Magic keep up what they're doing?

David Thorpe: Doubtful but possible. Chad Ford called him for MIP, I thought he would be MVP, and I think someone here wrote he'd be DPOY. He's a monster any way you look at it.

quote:

Jonathan (Dallas, TX): Me and my friends have a new nickname for Dwight Howard. We call him Thor. Please spread the word to the masses.

David Thorpe: Done. But I fear you will be alone on this.

quote:

Cliff (Virginia Tech): Is Jameer Nelson the point guard in Orlando for years to come or do you think they'll look to upgrade?

David Thorpe: Let's see how this season goes first.

quote:

Michael (Arlington, TX): David, I also call Dwight Howard "Thor." There might be more people than you think.

David Thorpe: You mean 10 dudes instead of 8?

quote:

Arturo (Malaga): Do you think Fran Vasquez regrets for his desicion of not play with Orlando.. with him Magics will be very good down low.. can they still sing him this season?

David Thorpe: No. But he does not know what he's missing.

quote:

Paul (Orlando): What do the Magic need to do to beat the Suns, Spurs, and Pistons of the world?

David Thorpe: Confidence. And for Lewis or Nelson to step up their games in those contests.

quote:

Gabriel, Puerto Rico: Are the orlando magic championship contenders or are they just a team that will make the playoffs?

David Thorpe: I think they are contenders, but far from favorites.

quote:

quote:

Jesse (MI): David, your FLA bias is asinine. The Magic are not even close to being contenders. They have no depth at all. You called them contenders last season too. I'm gonna bring this up during a another chat later in the year when the Magic are playing like their true selves, then we will see what you have to say about it.

David Thorpe: Well, i don't think the HEAT are contenders, and if I was so biased, wouldn't I? Perhaps you are just jealous that I once had credibility!!

quote:

Mike (Boston, MA): No no no, it's not "Thor". Dwight Howard's nickname is now Meast....half man half best.

David Thorpe: Ok, that'll do it for today. See everyone next week.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18353

quote:

LOL. I had a good laugh at this.

It really gripes me how they always take questions about the magic from people out of state and very rarely do you see a question taken from someone in Orlando, or florida even for that matter.

Still great to see a lot of magic questions on here but Hollinger didn't have any magic questions on his...well the one he did have was from someone out of state. Chances are the most knowledgeable fans are here in the state, who have a better chance of watching most games therefore posting the best questions

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

So it's not just our forum that's being bomberded by the Cameron Crazies?

Smack, LOL! I need to call you man.

I had to post this. Those Redick questions were just to funny!(lol)

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

It really gripes me how they always take questions about the magic from people out of state and very rarely do you see a question taken from someone in Orlando, or florida even for that matter.

Still great to see a lot of magic questions on here but Hollinger didn't have any magic questions on his...well the one he did have was from someone out of state. Chances are the most knowledgeable fans are here in the state, who have a better chance of watching most games therefore posting the best questions

The only valid locations for questions-to-be-answered on ESPN are:

Dallas, TX

Los Angeles, CA

San Jose, CA

Seattle, WA

New York, NY

Besides that, the only other possible way to get a question answered is in the following format:

(DWade, Miami FL): How often should I oil the axles on my wheelchair?

or possibly

(James Dolan, MSG): Why am I such an asshat?