Sign in to follow this  
Cisco

Van Gundy living the Life of Riley (Foxsports article)

Interesting read, and the first time I see it....

quote:
Van Gundy didn't miss his family any more than he missed it the year before or the year before that. But since Riley offered him no love and support in the workplace, Van Gundy desperately needed more of both at home.

The hostile takeover of his old job complete, Riley went on to steal Stan's championship ring. Van Gundy refused to file any public charges over this first-degree basketball felony. He checked into Riley's witness relocation program, cashed his consultant's paycheck, and waited for a job and a team that would win back his ring.

During happier times, Pat Riley (left) looked to Stan Van Gundy, brother of Jeff Van Gundy and the son of a respected small-college coach, as his right-hand man on the bench. ( / Getty Images)

This morning, Van Gundy's Orlando Magic are 16-4 and in first place in the Southeast Division, 10

oh man, where's redlion?

quote:
Riley has nothing but an old Shaq and an old Alonzo Mourning to throw at Howard. Like O'Neal, the Heat are in rapid decline. Riley said his team played "an absolute abysmal game" in a recent blowout loss to Denver. He would complain about the "gimmicks" he needed to use to cover for Miami's various defensive flaws.

O'Neal's $20 million wage isn't coming off the books any time soon, so the capped-out Heat won't have any big free-agent bucks to play with in the summer. All in all, Riley and his team are stuck with each other.

Meanwhile, Orlando is having a free-wheeling blast as it challenges Boston for conference supremacy, averaging 104.45 points per game

I love it. Stick THAT up your ***, Riley.

SVG has more coaching ability in his left nut than you have in your entire body.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

oh man, where's redlion?

My exact thought! I think Red Kitty is hiding.

Great article, I can't wait to beat the Heat againandagainandagainand again and.....well you get the point!

The only one I am looking forward to beating more than the Heat are the "C's..........ITS TIME!!!!