Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD * Magic @ Sonics * Nov. 28

quote:
Yes you can when they are tired and with lots of road games to go.

I'm not saying run them into the ground like Bhill used to, but you can't just start yanking them 3 minutes into a rough quarter. Let um play though it a little.

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

Im sure Brighthose is going to do everything in there power to block the ESPN game as well.... I think they WANT us to leave them so they dont have to worry about it!

Well the point is the local TV coverage is Sun, not FSN. So one way or another we'll be able to see the Phoenix game. It's not like they can block ESPN AND SunSports.

I know Redick was getting raped by screens and abused on D, but he was hustling on offense, got a BOGUS blocking foul call, and is attempting to create off the dribble.

All in all, I like what I saw. We need to play him like Rip Hamilton, or Reggie Miller: run him through MULTIPLE screens, and have him spotted up for 3. The way we run our offense from the inside-outside is great and all, but I hate watching all the wing players just standing there.

Yes, I know, it's great to stand there when they get WIDE open looks for one of their 39 3's in a game, but a team like Detroit with solid wing players is ALWAYS moving without the ball.

Granted, I think we are by and large a better structured team than Detroit (why they always beat us is a mystery to me), but we have to try some new things in terms of how we run our offense.

Thank whatever man-made deity you believe in that we are an INCREDIBLE team (first time 10 games over .500 since 1999... w00t), and I hope it keeps up.