Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*continues to sit and wonder when people are going to realize that Dooling needs to be traded instead of JJ*

One of the reasons why Keyon cannot be traded is because if one of our PG's goes down, we'll only have one more PG to play with. You've got to be sure to have at least three in stock.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*continues to sit and wonder when people are going to realize that Dooling needs to be traded instead of JJ*

One of the reasons why Keyon cannot be traded is because if one of our PG's goes down, we'll only have one more PG to play with. You've got to be sure to have at least three in stock.

I seem to remember our PGs last year being Jameer, Carlos, and Travis Diener.

In the NBA you can pretty much pick up a 3rd PG off the street and have it work... or better yet get a 3rd PG as a throw in on whatever the trade is.

As far as off the street, Kevin Krueger comes to mind. He'd be fine.

But as of right now, Jameer, Carlos, and Dooling actually makes for TOO good a point guard rotation. Meanwhile we entered this training camp with Dwight, Foyle, and Battie. Basically Foyle instead of Darko. So Battie goes down.. and eventually we replace him with Brian Cook.

The problem is we're STILL a big man short, just like we were in the summer. All we've managed to do is break even, and unless SVG is ready to lean on Augie here and there, we still need a fourth productive big man. To the point, a physical do-the-dirty-work big man. Heck we even waived Bo Outlaw to get the deal done.

Look at our overall guard rotation, and remember that you got two starters, and for the most part two backups. Jameer, Carlos, Dooling, Evans, Bogans, & Redick. That's six really good, really solid players in my opinion that aren't all that far away from each other in talent. At least two of those guys are just not going to get the minutes they deserve, Redick being one, and the other to be determined.

So even though the overall talent from top to bottom is a bit better, the same roster problem we had going into the season remains.

One or maybe even two guards too many... one productive big man short. Sorry, but Augie and Garrity just don't fall into that productive range to me. Maybe someday Augie will, but not yet.

one question for ball j. who stoped anyone from penetrating last night. when san a. decided to play we were lost. lewis couldnt get the ball, carlos was a ball hog who couldnt hit anything, bogans was tired and didnt play, we have one guy who can bring it every night. hedo is our second best player followed by nelson. lewis is ok but cant play defense or rebound. as svg said we have a long way to go. i thought jj could play but i was wrong. we are 2 players away from being a championship contender. my last post. jacklj

It seems more and more likely Redick will be traded. Id hate to see him go and then develop into a great player somewhere else like I believe Ariza and Darko will do.

quote:
This further proves Stan is not a player developer, expect JJ gone for Doleac.

Id prefer the Warrick trade someone mentioned on the first page.

JJ is gone. And soon. Remember a certain PG of ours last season who talked to the press concerning his frustration due to the lack of playing time? He was benched for good and let go at the end of the season. Expect the same for JJ. But perhaps he is to the point where he no longer cares.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

We need defense, athleticism, and intensity.

Trevor Ariza?

Everyone.......the reason we were outscored by the San An bench is because Manu and Barry comes off the bench.