Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

Dwight Howard: MVP

The crowd last night was dying to start the MVP chanting. Problem was Dwight kept missing his free throw attempts. Particularly in the second half when we really needed them.

It's just a matter of time before the calls of MVP will be a nightly occurence at all Magic home games.

Azure, I love your Stan Van Gundy quote that shows at the bottom of your posts!

Originally posted by ball junkie:

The crowd last night was dying to start the MVP chanting. Problem was Dwight kept missing his free throw attempts. Particularly in the second half when we really needed them.

Dwight has improved greatly on free-throw shooting, this season. Last night every celtic player that got close enough to take a cheap shot on dwight did, and all the back up bigs it looked like trying to start a fight with Dwight. My point saying this is that as a big man it is already tough to shoot free throws, because of the extra physical nature of the position, banging, bumping, elbowing to shooting arm, etc... That makes it difficult to gather your self and shoot your practiced shot through muscle memmory alone.

Last night was obscene, and at least one of the celtic bigs, and James Posey should have been ejected from the game.

Under those circumstances, where the refs didn't protect him I have only one thing to say!!!

MVP!! MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!! MVP!!!

I talked to a buddy of mine this morning that was really disappointed in Dwight's poise (both in losing his temper and not hitting his free throws).

The explantion to both problems is one and the same.

Dwight is taking a beating every single possession. Not 10-15 times per game, but EVERY POSSESSION.

There are only 1-2 guys in the league that can guard Dwight without the benefit of a double team or fouling out. Yao & Duncan maybe. And you'll still never see those two guys guard Dwight 1 on 1 the whole game.

During Shaq's hayday when he was getting fouled all night long, he was going to the free throw line an average of 18 times per game. Right now, Dwight is only visiting the charity stripe 11 times per game. That's a severe injustice to Dwight's work ethic & overall stature in the league.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad to see Dwight finally show a little mean streak though. Instead of whining to the refs like last year, I'd rather see him take matters into his own hands on occassion. He needs to convey a clear message to the entire league. The message should be: He won't tolerate getting abused all night without either a retaliatory shove or a retaliatory 30pt-20reb game.

But, until his body gets accustomed to the beating he endures on every play, his free throws might remain a little streaky. Because despite the hard work & flawless form he's developed at the free throw line, you can only expect to hit a low percentage after going 12 rounds in the paint with some of the assassins that have tried to kill him.

As soon as he gets more respect from the refs and hits his free throws at 75% while punishing opponents & better receiving punishment, he'll be a shoe in for MVP.

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

I don't think Dwight would have lost his temper if the refs had been doing their job. It's one thing to get the crap beat out of you and go to the line, it's another when they miss so many on offensive possesions and on rebounding situations. You could have almost called a foul every time Dwight was around the ball, that is how bad they were beating on him. we need an enforcer to deal with guys like Posey, Pollard, and Scalabrinie going after him like that. You think Doc cared if those guys got tossed if it meant Dwight did too?

We need that 4 to protect Dwight cause his days of being single covered are gone, all teams fear him now.

Oh, one more thing, before the game I heard Kendrick Perkins felt he could guard Dwight......LMAO!!!! He toyed with him.

DWIGHT...

MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP... MVP...

I BELIEVE... DO YOU

D12 has a really good shot, depending on where we finish this season.

I remember 2 years ago when the Clips were hot and Brand was getting ALOT of MVP talk.

Hopefully it can be the same for us. God knows he deserves it, but it all depends on how our team finishes.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Azure, I love your Stan Van Gundy quote that shows at the bottom of your posts!

Yeah I knew I had to use it as my signature as soon as I read it. Stan just injects the team with a lot of confidence with his teachings.

If Dwight wins MVP, would that make him youngest ever to win it? Just curious.

I'm so glad this post was brought up, D12 is THE most talented/potential player in the NBA right now i think, he has the absolute ability to dominate this league with Ewing teaching his ways day by day, if he doesn't grab MVP this season, ill be upset, but we all know there is many more years to come with this 21 year old phenomenon. Oh, and yes we should be chanting MVP MVP MVP! At every game from here on out! GIVE D12 SOME LOVE.