Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Can Turk Improve?

I was wondering, and maybe getting ahead of myself, but can Turkoglu improve his game?

Look at the future: If Dwight and Rashard get their chemistry together, Turk could be the missing piece to get this team higher next seasons.

If he could average, I don

I was wondering, and maybe getting ahead of myself, but can Turkoglu improve his game?

Look at the future: If Dwight and Rashard get their chemistry together, Turk could be the missing piece to get this team higher next seasons.

If he could average, I don

He can start by improving the 8 TOs he had tonight vs. that garbage team.

He can also improve his consistency. It's nyce he's playing like this, but it's only 8 games. Let's see if he can keep this production up for 82 games.

I love Turk, one of my fav players in the league, but let's not talk about him like he's the greatest thing since slice bread. He can improve in ALL aspects of his game; just like EVERY player on the roster.

Turk has always been solid and he's always been an underachieve to some degree. When Hedo is focused, he plays respectable D, drives, and creates more than usual. When he's not, he plays matador D, and lives on the 3 point line.

Sure, he can improve simply by playing harder and smarter every night. 8 Rebs per game seems like a tall order however.

I was focusing more on the : Does Turk has ROOM for improvement? meaning, does he have the talent (hidden, for now) to become a great player in this league (like Rashard), like he always likes to say?

Obviously I think that if he trains and practice harder, he will be better overall. I was referring estrictly to the : Does Turk has an upside that we really don

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Smith:

I was focusing more on the : Does Turk has ROOM for improvement? meaning, does he have the talent (hidden, for now) to become a great player in this league (like Rashard), like he always likes to say?

Obviously I think that if he trains and practice harder, he will be better overall. I was referring estrictly to the : Does Turk has an upside that we really don

Hedo's game could improve if Orlando somehow manages to get a point guard such as Deron Williams on board. Hedo is close to his ceiling athletism or shooting ability etc wise. His strengths are accentuated when the team plays as a whole unit. Hedo would be a very very good player in Suns system for example.

A lot of things contribute to a player's success. One is as said before, his team mates, his PG, the system, ball distribution, shot selection, etc, etc..

I think he can be a 20 pts, 8 reb, guy, while also giving you 4-5 asst and 1 steal a game.

Maybe he is thinking, I am almost as good as Rashard and he just got a MAX contract. All I have to do is play a little better and get paid next time around.....

quote:
Hedo's game could improve if Orlando somehow manages to get a point guard such as Deron Williams on board. Hedo is close to his ceiling athletism or shooting ability etc wise. His strengths are accentuated when the team plays as a whole unit. Hedo would be a very very good player in Suns system for example.

I agree... I think Hedo is playing about as well as he can. I think any change you see in his production (up or down) at this point would be dictated more by the way he is utilized versus any hidden upside he has.

He is benefitting now from being the third option on a team where the first and second option are commanding a lot of attention. I think the more the Magic gel and get comfortable in the SVG offense, the more production you will see out of the team in general and thus, the players individually.

Hedo has been great this season, but i think this is his ceiling. One thing he has to improve is that sometimes he seems to want to dominate the ball to much, especially when he is the one that dribbles it down the court after a rebound. He should get that ball to the point guard at the time and set up a play.

quote:
Maybe he is thinking, I am almost as good as Rashard and he just got a MAX contract. All I have to do is play a little better and get paid next time around.....

I think you might be unto something here. Im sure after his contract is up in 2 years he'll want his big pay day.

To answer the original posters question. I dont think Hedo stats can get any better then they are right now to be honest. He's been great this season. He's playing like an all star right now.