Sign in to follow this  
MagicFan12

JJ Redick

It's a mystery why JJ was drafted by Orlando in the first place. If they don't want him, they NEED to trade him. I can think of a number of teams that would jump at the chance to acquire him and utilize his talents.

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

Hill & Smith have been quoted as stating that its "too bad for J.J." that he got drafted by a team that has "so much talent ahead of him at his position." Why did they draft him then? If they had so much talent already?

Especially when that is bullcrap, both are total idiots. JJ is a natural SG, the only other SG we have is Dooling (inconsistent offensively and his game is more like a SF sometimes), Jameer is arguably another undersized SG that plays PG out of position.

So who else could be better than him at SG, Gran Hill? Grant plays out of position, he's no SG!! Grant is a pure small forward!!!!! And anyways, he was being played "every other game" before he got injured recently, to save him for later in the season or the playoffs, so he cannot be counted on every night. Bogans is a SF that likes to camp out in the perimeter and shoot 3s sometimes, but that doesn't make him a SG.

Both B.Hill and O.Smith are idiots!!

"BHill is the biggest liability on the team!"

You can say that again.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

The Chicago announcers said Redick is not getting playing time because the Orlando coach believes he is a defensive liability.

Even more than Grant Hill or Hedo Turkoglu being a defensive Liability...........The Kids got Intangibles not to mention a Sweet touch. He was coached by a real coach in college, one that understood how to use him.

JJ is a throw back shooting guard like Jerry West, if JJ played when West played, JJ would be one of the best players in the nba, but now people are bigger, stronger, and faster so his skills are limited. But JJ is a pure sg. Kobe is more of small foward playing sg, sort of a hybrid. I think Micheal Redd, Rip, are a few examples of pure SGs that are still left in the nba.

That is the whole point! He is not any more of a defensive liability, and maybe less of a liability, than GHill and Hedo. Not only is he more mobile but he can shoot WAY better than both of those guys. Brian Hill is punishing JJ for his back injury. Let me repeat that JJ is being punished for an INJURY! I want to know when the coaches quite trying to give the team and franchise the best oppurtunity to win game in and game out. Maybe Im wrong but our coach CERTAINTLY does NOT give our team the BEST chance to WIN NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT!

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

I'd love to think that he's just paying his dues right now and that next year will be different... but something tells me thats what Travis Diener's fan were thinking last year about him.

Michelle, that was my exact thought last year and this year i even began to think that this may be it. Now in a twisted way I hope Travis gets traded so he can actually play.

Wow, JJ just got compared to Jerry West and I am completely speachless. No I'm not that's a lie. You need to calm down with the comparisons to a hall of famer. I like JJ but lets see if can be a consistent starter before we compare him to the guy that the league used for the NBA logo.

I would be in favor of JJ starting this season but that won't happen barring injuries so I'll talk about next year. Hopefully Dooling will opt out of his contract (for salary cap purposes and to free up his spot) and it wouldn't shock me if Bogans is traded also. If we go after Carter then both Bogans and Hedo might be part of a sign and trade to the Nets. That would put Carter as the starter and JJ as his backup. Carter could even slide over to the 3 and JJ can play the 2 at the same time. That would be a hard lineup to guard.

If I were JJ I'd ask to be traded, he must be pretty upset. Let's say next year the same thing happens, he plays sporadically. That would be two years of his prime wasted. This is not the place for you man, get out while you can, call some people, get out of Orlando. I know what it's like to be underutilized but I don't have the right network.

I agree with you, 100%, Count, since it looks like the Magic Organization is cemented in its ways. So, why did they draft JJ in the first place only to waste his talents?