Sign in to follow this  
MagicFan12

JJ Redick

I voted for backup SG. Next year, I think he should start, along with: Jameer, Ariza, Darko, and Dwight. Hopefully, he'll continue to get better, and play a big role in the future. We do need those outside shooters.

My guess about J.J.'s playing time is that Coach Hill doesn't like to play rookies, doesn't like to take minutes away from veterans -- even when they're playing poorly, and doesn't think J.J. deserves to play because he missed training camp. But mostly its just because he's a near-sighted stubborn donkey. There have been plenty of instances when people were struggling and having off-nights, and instead of subbing in energy guys like J.J. and Travis Diener, the coach does nothing but stay the course.

I don't think even J.J. expects to be the starter right now, but he should definitely be getting a chance to play reasonable minutes as a backup. Especially when other people "ahead of him" are struggling badly.

Hill & Smith have been quoted as stating that its "too bad for J.J." that he got drafted by a team that has "so much talent ahead of him at his position." Why did they draft him then? If they had so much talent already?

I'd love to think that he's just paying his dues right now and that next year will be different... but something tells me thats what Travis Diener's fan were thinking last year about him.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I voted for backup SG. Next year, I think he should start, along with: Jameer, Ariza, Darko, and Dwight. Hopefully, he'll continue to get better, and play a big role in the future. We do need those outside shooters.

I can't wait to see that lineup!!!!

And I can't wait til B.Hill gets fired!!!!

It's disturbing that JJ's talents are wasted. This team is bone tired and Brian "sourpuss" Hill refuses to take advantage JJ's scoring talent over the veterans for fear of hurting their feelings. Hill doesn't know how to coach and that becomes more apparent every time JJ sits. Although I would hate to see him go, they should trade him so he can play some place where he is appreciated and can come back and burn the Magic.

i voted for backup SG

he isn't ready to start, bogans should start (not hill and NOT DOOLING) until the end of the season. then we have to see who we can sign in the offseason or if we can make a draftday trade or so...

It is absurd that JJ hasn't played in the last couple of games. B Hill is a moron, if JJ was in whith Arroyo, Ariza and Dwight for a couple of minutes a game it would make our second unit better, whith a combination of ball movement, shooting and inside dominance wiht Dwight. B Hill needs to go.

I think JJ should be the first off the bench. That way he gets some time with the starters to build chemistry/flow and demonstrate his potential in the starting unit.

That said, I predict he will only see limited minutes of garbage time for the remainder of the season.

If you want your team to get a winning attitude and a never say die attitude, then why not play the player that demonstrated that attitude daily for the last four years.

JJ is a winner!!!

How many other players on this team are winners, recently????

Dooling, Bogans, Hedo, G Hill, Jameer, Howard, Bo, Garrity, and especially Coach Hill, and also Otis; these guys have not won anything in years, and I think they forgot how to be winners consistantly, what effort you have to put in every possesion and in every pass or shot. Every play in a game should be played as if it is your last, and the only guys I see doing that on a consistant basis for the Magic are Ariza and JJ.

These two guys need to be starting and showing this team what it takes to win!!!!

I will guarantee, we will win at least 1 out of 5 games, just like we did without letting them start, I would even bet we would have a much better record with them starting along side one another.