Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

Let the board VOTE! Should the board return back to the way it was?

Mods dont care about our opinions....lol.... Its not even the mods choices, it is Rockchalks, even though he seemed to be convinced by the mods to do this.

To be quite honest, I'm not convinced either way yet. I like the idea of Magic Links, but you all have voiced your concerns/opinions and they are being heard. At this point, the jury is still out.

But I love everyone's passion for the message boards and wanting to create the perfect environment. I know we can't please everyone, but I do value your opinions. And that's why I'm not going to set in stone the decision to permanently implement Magic Links. I'm going to take some more time and mull it over before making the decision.

Thank you so much Rockchalk.... I trust you will make the right decision. To be honest and im not saying this because i want magic links gone....but i hardly went in that section today. I stayed in this section and the only time i went in there was when i saw a article in the priview portion when you choose your forum. I truly believe that it will be better the way it was and maybe less links being repeated...Might be alittle more work on the mods at first but like they told us...they will get the hang of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

God we even got ADAM up....man what do you mods do Text each other so your votes count?

It wasn't that hard. LOD just rolled over and tapped him.

So then did Adam jerk the leash that ran to the foot of the bed where Osprey was laying on the floor wearing a spike collar and a full gimp suit to post the Drama Llama photo?

No, but if you're wondering why we haven't heard from Marc lately its because he is still handcuffed to the bed.

Emory is such a funny guy, with men like him around it's easy to see the contributions of the homosexual community to the world of entertainment.

Wow, they unlocked the handcuffs and unstrapped the ball gag?

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

After 12 hours of voting the members have spoke! We had 51 votes.

24 were for leaving the board the way it is..

27 were for converting the board back to the way it was.

Mods??????

This was a fair vote and proved that the members by majority want the board to return back to its original ways. One forum, everything goes in that forum.

I'm sorry but I gotta say it. First off the vote is now 30-24, in favor of returning the board back to it's original ways.

Secondly, do the powers that be realize that there is 3 threads going on right now about the same subject(Otis using the injury exception to acquire a new player) in 3 different forums(Magic forum, Links and the NBA section)?

Come on guys, put us out of our misery. There's gotta be a better system. All this switching from forum to forum is crazy. To create conversation you need everybody in the same place.

When Knappy was taking polls last year on replacing Brian Hill half of the members wouldn't vote. Most people don't like change so the result of the vote is not surprising.

I personally like having a separate location to post articles.

Rock has a problem if ball junkie, Smack Daddy, and other family members are not happy.

I think Rock needs to give it more time.

If i remember correctly we tried this last season for the same reason...

the post numbers went down on the articles posted.

So now we try it again and the post numbers are going down again and we also got the 3 or 4 paragraph rule to add to that.

When you post as much as I do it becomes a pain .

I'll do whatever cause I have no control over this situation .

But let me ask this...

Why have another section for articles and the 3 or 4 paragraph rule if hardly no one is going to click on them ...

Why not just get rid of the articles all together then the mods won't have to worry about keeping up with them and the fans don't have to go crazy clicking all over the place to read them and reply

Logically , It makes no sense beating a dead horse because the same thing is going to happen...

This did not work before and what makes you think it will work this time.

I'll do whatever to keep the peace but like I said...

why beat a dead horse ?

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

When Knappy was taking polls last year on replacing Brian Hill half of the members wouldn't vote. Most people don't like change so the result of the vote is not surprising.

I personally like having a separate location to post articles.

Rock has a problem if ball junkie, Smack Daddy, and other family members are not happy.

I think Rock needs to give it more time.

Agreed. As I've stated before, the article thing gets redundant, repetitive and quite honestly, boring.

But when "new" news arises, it's relevant and pertinent for conversation sake.

Why is it hard to just set a rule about posting articles that have the same subject with "new" news? Seems pretty simple to me.

As I stated earlier, there are 3 threads going on right now on the same subject(Otis adding new players) in 3 different forums(links, Magic forum and the NBA section).

To me it doesn't make any sense. To stimulate conversation you need everybody in the same place.

I posted my article before I knew there was a Denton article .

And then some one told me ..

I wouldn't have posted it if I knew but since I did without knowing it was kind of insulting with people telling me to go there .

So I agree with you guys.