Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

Hi everyone, I am new at posting but have been an avid reader...I just wanted to let everyone know about another option for watching the untelevised games...if you know anyone that has satellite tv and a sling box, they can set it up for you to watch remotely on your computer from where ever you are. I found someone and will hopefully be getting everything set up in the next few days...I'll keep you posted.

quote:
Originally posted by magic girl:

Hi everyone, I am new at posting but have been an avid reader...I just wanted to let everyone know about another option for watching the untelevised games...if you know anyone that has satellite tv and a sling box, they can set it up for you to watch remotely on your computer from where ever you are. I found someone and will hopefully be getting everything set up in the next few days...I'll keep you posted.

Good first post.

Unfortunately, i'm thinking the majority of us have Brighthouse, which is why this thread is even here. But, if you could so kindly tell them to remotely send that feed to my computer from your satellite tv, I would be forever in your debt. I'll even cook you a grilled cheese sandwhich as gratitude.

Just like I heard on the radio...if we can't see the Magic on TV...out of site, out of mind. If we are not familiar with the Magic as a team...why would we want to attend a live game? I think this hurts the Magic in the long run.

quote:
Originally posted by Inkblob:

Just like I heard on the radio...if we can't see the Magic on TV...out of site, out of mind. If we are not familiar with the Magic as a team...why would we want to attend a live game? I think this hurts the Magic in the long run.

Exactly....the longer Brighthouse customers go without seeing the games, the less difficult it will be to deal with it. Pretty soon, the apathy will set in and it won't matter. Then, it will be the Magic and FSN who will suffer.

I've been wondering how the players themselves feel about this situation. Does this mean that cable companies nationally are not covering them? Their advertising royalties must be affected also. They really haven't had a chance to showcase their skills yet. I've read that they are not happy when they don't get the national tv spots. Too bad they don't bring some pressure to bear on their boss. Wish we could contact individual players for their feedback.

quote:
Originally posted by BdonovanMagic:

I don't know why you all are complaining. Most of you stop watching magic games after only 2 losses.

Well it's a good thing Billy Donovan isn't the coach, otherwise we would have had 2 losses well before now.

Great article from the Sentinel:

Magic's act of greed takes games off TV

Mike Thomas | COMMENTARY

November 8, 2007

The ink had barely dried on a new arena deal for the Orlando Magic when the team expressed its gratitude to fans by yanking its games off broadcast television.

Gee, do you think the timing here was a coincidence? Rich DeVos and Co. really elevated their game on this one.

Taxpayers are paying for most of an arena that not only will net the Magic millions more each year, but also will increase the value of the team significantly

But that wasn't enough. The team then had to stick it to those fans least able to afford it.

For the rest of the article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...v08,0,4370543.column

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:

Great article from the Sentinel:

Magic's act of greed takes games off TV

Mike Thomas | COMMENTARY

November 8, 2007

The ink had barely dried on a new arena deal for the Orlando Magic when the team expressed its gratitude to fans by yanking its games off broadcast television.

Gee, do you think the timing here was a coincidence? Rich DeVos and Co. really elevated their game on this one.

Taxpayers are paying for most of an arena that not only will net the Magic millions more each year, but also will increase the value of the team significantly

But that wasn't enough. The team then had to stick it to those fans least able to afford it.

For the rest of the article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...v08,0,4370543.column

I am glad to see the media go after this story but did not like the fact he made Brighthouse to be the innocent victim here.

If Brighthouse did not already carry FSN in other markets I might agree with him. All three are to blame here.

I was pretty amazed by that also BH. Thomas usually goes after people and for him to make Brighthouse sound like an innocent victim here was wierd. Everyone messed up here, it's a PR nightmare for all parties involved.

Well, he did say at the end that he would drop Brighthouse if they upped his rates at all.

I liked what he said about the Magic only contacting FSN about "assurances" prior to agreeing to the deal. It amazes me that no one from the Magic contacted Brighthouse, considering that they are a major sponsoring partner for the team.