Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

Well, looks like the people who said there was equal blame to go around between all three parties is right. The Magic were greedy in selling the TV rights to the highest bidder, FSN is greedy in caring about maximizing ad dollars over getting their product out to the public, and Brighthouse is.. well.. stupid. I don't understand why Brighthouse wouldn't just stick FSN in their basic cable package (channels 2-74).

I mean, are channels like Style, Home & Garden TV, Lifetime movies, and Hallmark too important to be in the extended/digital cable package?? Give me a break! Virtually all the channels in the 50's are severely useless to over 95% of cable viewers.

How hard can it be to bump one of these channels to digital and slide in FSN next to ESPN 2 and Sun Sports?

I don't qualify for DirectTV, but I swear I'm this close to getting Dish Network next month. You know, the satellite provider that actually has FSN in its BASIC package.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Well, looks like the people who said there was equal blame to go around between all three parties is right. The Magic were greedy in selling the TV rights to the highest bidder, FSN is greedy in caring about maximizing ad dollars over getting their product out to the public, and Brighthouse is.. well.. stupid. I don't understand why Brighthouse wouldn't just stick FSN in their basic cable package (channels 2-74).

I mean, are channels like Style, Home & Garden TV, Lifetime movies, and Hallmark too important to be in the extended/digital cable package?? Give me a break! Virtually all the channels in the 50's are severely useless to over 95% of cable viewers.

How hard can it be to bump one of these channels to digital and slide in FSN next to ESPN 2 and Sun Sports?

I don't qualify for DirectTV, but I swear I'm this close to getting Dish Network next month. You know, the satellite provider that actually has FSN in its BASIC package.

TheFutureGM just mentioned that Brighthouse would add FSN to thier sports package today if the Magic and FSN were cool with that. So basically they are saying, they are holding out for $2 a month per subscriber? There is plenty of blame to go around on this one but have cable companies not gotten enough out of us without fighting over $2? Brighthouse is telling people to contact the team and playing the part of the victim here. WE ARE THE ONLY VICTIMS.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Hey hey hey....leave Style out of this ok?

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

so now FSN is ****ing with my league pass access from way out in Missouri?

No only if you have league pass in the Orlando and Tampa(I think) area. I wished I lived in Missouri or China so I could watch the game.

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

quote:

No only if you have league pass in the Orlando and Tampa(I think) area. I wished I lived in Missouri or China so I could watch the game.

Don't forget Turkey, they never miss a game of Hedo's.

Cable company is cruel and heartless thats why I gave up on cable years ago. I used to be able to watch almost all the games on upn with basic snow tv. Now I can't even do that. Atleast I went to the magic opener and it was amazing its a pity we can't watch and enjoy are own team in the comfort of our own homes. If you guys are paying for cable and really want to do something about out just drop your service and tell them when they get that channel on cable then you'll go back. Its the only way to hurt the cable company and force them to do something about it fast....

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

quote:

Thanks. This ish sucks so bad for Orlando residents. I wish there was a way i can LiveStream my cable out to everyone.

I called the Orlando Magic corporate office and talk to a young lady she was very nice.

I complained of course about what was going on. I pushed the issue asking her who I could talk to or email inside the organization to here my complaints. She said that the volume of calls about this issue is to great. They are however taking the number of calls and forwarding them to the cable and TV companies.

I told her that it sounds like the Magic are taking no blame in the situation and pushing it on other people. I was very disappointed that they would do that to the fans.

Her response was the typical brush off I expected.

Its a shame, it really is.

LGM,

We received more than 900 calls on Wednesday alone, so her response certainly wasn't a brush off. We understand that everyone is frustrated, and believe me, know one is more upset about this situation than us.