Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

If you call the Magic hotline they have tell you to call Brighthouse/FSN. They have it in their automatic message if thats what your calling up to talk to them about.

I'm gonna call all 3 and tell them that they've ruined the lives of atleast 90 dedicated magic message board fanatics, a couple of seahorses, and the millions and millions of jack daniels all across the universe.

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:

I am glad to see that all media outlets seem to be speaking out about this whole issue. There have been three articles in the Sentinel the last two days - from Bianchi, Dan Darling (link in above post) and Iliana Limon:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...ov02,0,2976984.story

Also, I caught separate segments yesterday on AM radio:

The Finish Line on 740 discussed it and mentioned how many MORE fans are ticked now because they didn't know about this issue until they realized the opener wasn't on TV on Wednesday. I think more complaints are being sent to Bright House and the Magic now, so that is good.

Then on the Brady Ackerman show on ESPN radio 1080, they discussed it at length and put a lot of blame on the Magic for letting it get this far.

Although nothing is resolved yet, it is at least good to read and hear different media outlets speak out about this issue at length.

I was pretty sure this was going to happen. Let's face it, we live in Florida where the majority of people are somewhere between laidback and lazy. Now that the season's begun, and casual Magic fans flip through the channels unable to find the Magic against the Bucks, people are going to start flipping out.

If I learned anything from the Magic's first season way back when, it's that for some reason there is a TON of Detroit fans living down here. Imagine how they're gonna feel when they can't see their beloved Pistons face the local team tonight.

As annoying as Suckhouse probably thinks the customer calls and occassional cancellation was before the season, just give it a few days. The complaints and cancellations are going to increase ten or twenty fold as time goes on now that Joe Blow has realized, "Hey duhheerr... where's mah bask-ie-ball!?"

Now imagine if the Magic keep winning.

You know what sucks more than not having FSN on your cable provider and missing the games? Having FSN on your cable provider and STILL missing the game. I don't know what's going on but c'mon.

quote:
Originally posted by Quarters:

You know what sucks more than not having FSN on your cable provider and missing the games? Having FSN on your cable provider and STILL missing the game. I don't know what's going on but c'mon.

I know that is so frustrating as well. I have stupid FSN Florida and instead of the Magic I am going to get some stupid Best **** Sports Top 50 list. Not good times!! I am emailing FSN Florida and Brighthouse again Tampa residents I will let you know if I get a response.

I agree that the Magic made a poor decision here but I still don't understand what the deal is with FSN and Brighthouse. From what I understand FSN paid X dollars for the rights, and now Brighthouse must pay X dollars to pick up FSN, is it that FSN wants to pass the entire cost on to Brighthouse? Is it that Brighthouse does not want to pay fair value?

To theFutureGM....

I got more out of your last post than I have gotten out of all the Sentinel and Florida Today articles on this matter combined. Thanks again for this great info.

I feel bad for those Magic fans in other markets who already have FSN and now are being messed with, having the Magic games dangled out in front of them for more money.

After reading what thefutureGM says, I do not feel any hope at all that this thing will be resolved soon.

I don't generally post insider info on the open board (I really don't want that label), but I have an old family friend who know's a lot of Magic Front Office execs.

The last item he told me was that Brian Hill would be let go, he told me this after game 2 against Detroit. Brian's fate was already decided before the end of the season. A few board members can back me on this if needed.

This friend pretty much verified everything that ThefutureGM said.

A lot of the front office is not happy about having to deal with the fall out of a decision to basicly squeeze the most they can out of TV revenue.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody else feel like this?

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

LOL. Thats what the Magic are doing to the fans.

Of course they wait until after we talk to our commish and got the Arena approved. Where are they now? Where's the explaination? Where the statements from the organization.

They dont care about us.