Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

I live in a world of filthy capitalist corporations. Tonight I root for the Sonics and their sad plight. Their owner probably sits on the board of some cable companies. To hell with all you money grubbin *******s.

Listen Magic Fans, All of this anger towards Brighthouse and FSN is misdirected! There is only one party in this that deserves ALL of the blame. That is the Orlando Magic organization. I don't have Brighthouse I have Comcast which also doesn't carry FSN, but, I do get SunSports and TV65 which until the Magic organization made this bonehead decision gave me every Magic game that was aired.

Don't blame Brighthouse, although they are being greedy in the effort to air FSN, put the BLAME where it belongs, with the Magic.

I don't care now if I ever see another Magic game with their attitude, and they sure won't get any of my money. And I hope they don't get their new area and move far away from Orlando, they don't deserve this town.

But the reason FSN is asking for more is becuase they spent so much money on trying to get the magic to go with there company. Now just becuase a company goes with the most money doesnt mean they are wrong to that.

But the problem is the Magic took the money and didnt even consider that because FSN dished out 8 million dollars they would have to raise all the prices. The local cable companies are taking a stance and refuse to pay FSN asking price.

NOW, with all that in mind. The Orlando Magic Franchise didnt follow thru and make sure before they signed a deal that the Cable companies and FSN had an agreement.

Result: all of florida cable companies cant see Magic games.

The Magic have ignored the whole situation. Are not working with either FSN or Brighthouse/ Comcast to make sure that most of there fanbase can see there games.

That magic have stated on this message board that nobody cares more then they do about the situation then they do. If that were true, dont you think they would have fixed the problem already?

This is the same franchise that asked everyone of there fans to call there local government people and tell them you want the arena built. So you did that, and now the Magic have the Arena they wanted and just a fews after the approval the Magic sign this deal screwing all those people that helped them out.

Yes, there is fault in all of the parties involved. but 90 percent of it goes on the Magic for this.

Lucky for them no one is blaming them. The media is blaming the cable companies.

This Rich Devoss is supposed to be such a great guy. He's a scum bag to me.

He used the fans got his arena. He gets want he wants takes more money from FSN. Screwed the fans and sits while his companies price tag tripled.

Whether its justified or not, I feel the same as you LetsGoMagic. So now I should just feel gratified I saw them tonight and against Boston later. Comcast still doesnt even list any games on FSN, I actually didnt know there was a relation going on.

Yea it is how I feel, the Magic got their arena and threw the fans to the wolves. How many skyboxes in the new home there boys? I sure wish I could enjoy this fine season, but I guess im too poor or stubborn to be a Magic Fan nowadays! Capitalism, what a hoot!

After watching seven years of Grant Hill in a suit and getting rid of his albatross contract to get a real scorer. They take away games that are actually fun to watch now.

Did you enjoy that Cavs? Great, get DirectTV if you want the Nets game!

FSN and Brighthouse are doing nothing, the Magic needs to get involved or this staring match will go on forever.

I get emails from the NFL newsletter and received this one about the NFL Network.

quote:

ATTENTION FOOTBALL FANS:

Your support for football 24:7 on NFL Network is about to make a real difference.

Next week, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will consider a new rule to help independent channels like NFL Network resolve disputes with cable companies like Time Warner, Comcast, Cablevision and others who are blocking channels.

The sooner the FCC adopts this new rule, the sooner you'll be able to watch football 24:7 on NFL Network.

The more the FCC hears from you, the more likely they will be to take action to help football fans.

Maybe we need to do something like this?