Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

I really feel like i'm going to just flip out here at work. Why is this THAT HARD? I mean, really, are you kidding me? You can't agree on something that would benefit both sides if thats the case. It's a freaking TV channel. You can add the Fox Business Network and have the Tennis Channel on your sports package yet you cannot provide a local basketball team? Gimme a break.

I'm seriously about to get banned from the boards in a second because I can't vent my frustration in a PG format.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I really feel like i'm going to just flip out here at work. Why is this THAT HARD? I mean, really, are you kidding me? You can't agree on something that would benefit both sides if thats the case. It's a freaking TV channel. You can add the Fox Business Network and have the Tennis Channel on your sports package yet you cannot provide a local basketball team? Gimme a break.

I'm seriously about to get banned from the boards in a second because I can't vent my frustration in a PG format.

Dirty Mouth?

Try a Ban!

1810287868_741d7449c1.jpg?v=0

just remember....you dont want to end up like Ralphy and get soap poisoning...

Just got off the phone with supervisor with bright house cable, they told me to be patient and if they keep getting the complaints that keep coming in, they will add FSN and the games. WE need to keep complaining, i told them if they dont do anything soon, i will change providers, and they said they dont want that over a game

I just chatted with the roadrunner live chat. This is the transcript.

LiveAssist Chat

Status: Analyst Sadiq A is here. Status: working user Jareth Cutestory has entered room

analyst Sadiq A has entered room

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:17:42 EDT 2007)>Hello?

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:17:19 EDT 2007)>Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet Technical Chat, My name is Sadiq A. Before we begin, I would like to bring up your account. May I have the following three pieces of information from you please?

1. The account holder's area code and telephone number. (xxx-xxx-xxxx)

2. The account holder's Full Name. (First and Last)

3. If you are not the account holder, please provide your name.

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:18:39 EDT 2007)>I need to just ask a question

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:18:48 EDT 2007)>When am I getting FSN South on my brighthouse television.

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:18:22 EDT 2007)>Sure.

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:18:47 EDT 2007)>With issues with your cable TV, you would have to call in at 877-892-3278

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:19:44 EDT 2007)>Is there not a chat for it?

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:19:31 EDT 2007)>No, unfortunately not.

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:20:05 EDT 2007)>Do me a favor, you probably know people who know people, can you make this happen for the Orlando Magic fans.

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:20:24 EDT 2007)>We are in dire need to watch our games this year, and nobody in the cable department seems to be doing anything about it.

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:20:15 EDT 2007)>I am a Lakers fan actually but there is honestly nothing that can be done here.

Sadiq A(Wed Oct 31 16:20:30 EDT 2007)>We only deal with internet support here.

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:20:58 EDT 2007)>For the love of Kobe, please make it happen.

Jareth Cutestory(Wed Oct 31 16:21:14 EDT 2007)>Thanks for your time man.

Remote Control Status: Disable Remote Control

Enable Remote Control

Chat

User Feedback

Did this chat session solve your Problem?

Yes No

i just got off the phone with a representive from bright house. I asked her how come I dont have FSN in orlando when the surrounding areas do.

She said they in contract talks, she said the hold is FSN wants to be in a sports package that we have to pay for and brighthouse wants them to be the basic channel.

I said really? thats strange. All reports from news channels and newpapers are reporting the opposite. she says well i am not in that region i am just reading what the report says in front me.

I told her again that I was very disappointed with the service I am getting and becuase everyone gets to watch the orlando magic, but becuase I actually live in Orlando I cant watch them and I would like her to file a complaint for me that I request them to get FSN.

As she gets my info she says it looks like you've already requested this. I said Yep, I'd like to do it again.

its so stupid that she reversed the situation. why would they do that?

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

i just got off the phone with a representive from bright house. I asked her how come I dont have FSN in orlando when the surrounding areas do.

She said they in contract talks, she said the hold is FSN wants to be in a sports package that we have to pay for and brighthouse wants them to be the basic channel.

I said really? thats strange. All reports from news channels and newpapers are reporting the opposite. she says well i am not in that region i am just reading what the report says in front me.

I told her again that I was very disappointed with the service I am getting and becuase everyone gets to watch the orlando magic, but becuase I actually live in Orlando I cant watch them and I would like her to file a complaint for me that I request them to get FSN.

As she gets my info she says it looks like you've already requested this. I said Yep, I'd like to do it again.

At this point, I doubt they'll even care to give you a logical explanation. The fans are scrambling and they're just taking their time.

When this situation first reared it's ugly head, I thought that the idea of the fans closest to the team being unable to watch the games was just laughable, but now that we're approaching game time and there's still no answer, I just feel sick. I've never missed the opener.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

Half these people don't even know if the Magic are a basketball team or a tv show starring a clown pulling coins from behind peoples ears. It's insane.

Brighthouse, to quote Ryan Seacrest from the film Knocked Up, "Cut the ****".

Does anyone know for sure whether the Magic games will be on NBA League Pass or not? Since FSN is now broadcasting the games (except on Brighthouse), can't NBA League Pass get its feed from there?