Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Bush says "nuclear Iran" could bring WWIII

quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush warned on Wednesday a nuclear-armed Iran could lead to World War III as he tried to shore up international opposition to Tehran amid Russian skepticism over its nuclear ambitions.

Bush was speaking a day after Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has resisted Western pressure to toughen his stance over Iran's nuclear program, made clear on a visit to Tehran that Russia would not accept any military action against Iran.

At a White House news conference, Bush expressed hope Putin would brief him on his talks in Tehran and said he would ask him to clarify recent remarks on Iran's nuclear activities.

Putin said last week that Russia, which is building Iran's first atomic power plant, would "proceed from the position" that Tehran had no plans to develop nuclear weapons but he shared international concerns that its nuclear programs "should be as transparent as possible."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071017/ts_nm/iran_bush_dc;...4CHf93jZH0SAqCes0NUE

I don't follow politics all that much, nor do I watch the news as much as I used to. Sometimes, I like to just turn a blind eye to whats going on in the world. I gotta tell you though, reading stuff like this scares the crap out of me.

quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush warned on Wednesday a nuclear-armed Iran could lead to World War III as he tried to shore up international opposition to Tehran amid Russian skepticism over its nuclear ambitions.

Bush was speaking a day after Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has resisted Western pressure to toughen his stance over Iran's nuclear program, made clear on a visit to Tehran that Russia would not accept any military action against Iran.

At a White House news conference, Bush expressed hope Putin would brief him on his talks in Tehran and said he would ask him to clarify recent remarks on Iran's nuclear activities.

Putin said last week that Russia, which is building Iran's first atomic power plant, would "proceed from the position" that Tehran had no plans to develop nuclear weapons but he shared international concerns that its nuclear programs "should be as transparent as possible."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071017/ts_nm/iran_bush_dc;...4CHf93jZH0SAqCes0NUE

I don't follow politics all that much, nor do I watch the news as much as I used to. Sometimes, I like to just turn a blind eye to whats going on in the world. I gotta tell you though, reading stuff like this scares the crap out of me.

Nothing like the most powerful man on the planet (arguably) threatening world war. I started out as a Bush supporter but to be honest I'll be happy when he is gone.

It's an oversimplification of the issues, but depending on where you stand on the matter of the Bible being "historical document" or being the "Word of God," this issue gets even more dicey. My point being, to some, myself included, there is the opinion that there will ultimately be a final go 'round with most parties involved. The question is when.

And before you guys jump all over me, please understand I am only stating an opinion, not trying to make light of anything.

Not going to push anything on anyone, but the anxiety and concern depends on how you view things....Life, religion, politics, etc.

It is a concern, because people and nations could and will hurt innocent people in the process.

If you are religious and read or understand the bible, all this stuff that is going on shouldn't surprise you. It was written about thousands of years ago and things are happening...

If you don't believe, you have to at least recognize things are getting worst and a lot of people are dying for no reason. Problem is that men as a whole, cannot live in peace. Things will continue to happen, it doesn't matter who is in control, who is president here or there, and what year it is.

Now, I don't support any political party and or person in specific, but Bush is crazy. Yes there's some threat or problem, but you have to be careful how you talk about it. He is pretty much challenging half of the world to a duel, while we already have a shortage of troops, handleling two "major" wars, Afghan and Iraq, and now trying to stir things up against Iran.

Keep things in check, talk to the other nations, etc, but be careful.

This can turn ugly, but it won't be the end of the world......

That's just my opinion.....

After years of forum postings, etc, I have learned a few things. One is that Religion and Politics are always a fiery topic. A lot of people feel really really passionate about their beliefs, and that's good, but lets remember this is a basketball forum, so we can discuss this without offending anyone.

Thanks for reading....

I agree Dave.

I believe in God, but I wouldn't consider myself very religious. (Meaning I rarely go to church).

I have read that the signs are there. I try to dismiss this, but lately it's getting hard to.

I don't care what president we have. Maybe I live in a fantasy world, but is it so hard to just cut the crap and work things out? I mean really. Get on TV, say "Hey, we're all gonna die if we keep fighting like idiots, let's cut the crap huh?" and thats that.

Why make life so hard, when it could be so so easy.

quote:
Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

- Hermann Goering, Nazi commander of the Luftwaffe