Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

I'm puertorican, and I live in one of the all around best sports nations in the world. Despite the fact that we are a small island,we have produced a lot of international talents in diverse sports.Boxing champions Felix "Tito" Trinidad, and Miguel Cotto, , Carlos Beltran, Delgado, Ivan Rodriguez, Alomar, to name a few,soon to be Hall of Famers, and we have Carlos Arroyo, Piculin Ortiz, Ramon Rivas, Ramon Ramos, Peter John Ramos, Ricky Sanchez, JJ Barea, NBA players past and present.

We are a very intelillent sports nation and a very proud one, and because of our limitations, we try to succeed in everything, and we do it with honor.

Almost 4 million people in PR know Carlos Arroyo and we get very happy when one of our own triumphs and we get on the bad times. We are a loyal fan base because it means a lot what Arroyo has done for this country and we get mad when we see bad comments about Carlos, even if they are true, because he is our basketball leader and he has given us a lot and nothing will change that because he has put Puerto Rico in the national spot light and has opened a lot of door to Barea, Diaz,Ramos, Sanchez, and soon to arrive a lot more. We are proud of Carlos no matter what and I know that my felow Borikuas can agree with me.

So for this post only, please only good vibes, respect, and respect will be given.. thank you

Frankie Torres(Aibonito, Puerto Rico)

Hello Frankie!

I'm with you!

Don't forget other talents in movies like J'Lo, Benicio del Toro and Raul Julia (RIP).

Carlos Arroyo we are with him, no matter what happens!

I'm proud to be from Puerto Rico!

For those who don't understand the feeling...think USA vs Russia on that famous Hockey game during the cold war.......That's the same feeling PR get when they see Carlos play in the NBA, pride and well being....

With that said the problem is that this coaching staff and their style just doesn't adjust to play to a guy's strenght. When they where let lose last year we succeded. Under the control of the poor coaching staff, pretty much all of our guys, except for Dwight, have suffered.

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Figgs:

I'm puertorican, and I live in one of the all around best sports nations in the world. Despite the fact that we are a small island,we have produced a lot of international talents in diverse sports.Boxing champions Felix "Tito" Trinidad, and Miguel Cotto, , Carlos Beltran, Delgado, Ivan Rodriguez, Alomar, to name a few,soon to be Hall of Famers, and we have Carlos Arroyo, Piculin Ortiz, Ramon Rivas, Ramon Ramos, Peter John Ramos, Ricky Sanchez, JJ Barea, NBA players past and present.

We are a very intelillent sports nation and a very proud one, and because of our limitations, we try to succeed in everything, and we do it with honor.

Almost 4 million people in PR know Carlos Arroyo and we get very happy when one of our own triumphs and we get on the bad times. We are a loyal fan base because it means a lot what Arroyo has done for this country and we get mad when we see bad comments about Carlos, even if they are true, because he is our basketball leader and he has given us a lot and nothing will change that because he has put Puerto Rico in the national spot light and has opened a lot of door to Barea, Diaz,Ramos, Sanchez, and soon to arrive a lot more. We are proud of Carlos no matter what and I know that my felow Borikuas can agree with me.

So for this post only, please only good vibes, respect, and respect will be given.. thank you

Frankie Torres(Aibonito, Puerto Rico)

Great post Frankie! i agree, Puerto Rico is pound per pound one of the best all around sports nations if you calculate the popolation with the # of great athleth that have came out of the littler island. also music, actors, and diferent kind of artist,etc...

Chris Rivera, Morovis Puerto Rico to the World!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

For those who don't understand the feeling...think USA vs Russia on that famous Hockey game during the cold war.......That's the same feeling PR get when they see Carlos play in the NBA, pride and well being....

With that said the problem is that this coaching staff and their style just doesn't adjust to play to a guy's strenght. When they where let lose last year we succeded. Under the control of the poor coaching staff, pretty much all of our guys, except for Dwight, have suffered.

I for one have made that same observation! Carlos needs an open system to complement his talents! I have also stated that BHill would have kept Michael Jordan out of the Hall of fame, if he were his coach, so no slight on Carlos.

To the next point, last I heard Puerto Rico was as much a part of the U.S. as Florida, New York and Califorinia, why anyone feels the need for the regional, ethnic or nationality of a ball player to be an issue is beyond reason! As we sit and read these post, you have every shade of Americans giving their lives in Iraq and other places. Please , enough with this P.R. thing, Carlos is a good guy, he plays for our team,...........END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

That

quote:
To the next point, last I heard Puerto Rico was as much a part of the U.S. as Florida, New York and Califorinia, why anyone feels the need for the regional, ethnic or nationality of a ball player to be an issue is beyond reason! As we sit and read these post, you have every shade of Americans giving their lives in Iraq and other places. Please , enough with this P.R. thing, Carlos is a good guy, he plays for our team,...........END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!

chosen12,

Just so you'd know, Puerto Ricans are right there in Iraq as well, and unlike those in Florida and California, they were not allowed to vote for the President that put them there. (Sorry for the new can of worms, but this person should at least know this).

Our North American friends must also understand the cultural differences between our two races.

It has been proven and re-proven that what may seem as a trivial and perhaps ilogical fact, which is living as close to the hot Tropics as we are, makes us Puerto Ricans very hot blooded and therefore emotional about almost everyday situation. I must assume that is the reason for some PR forum members, myself included, to feel a little disappointed when we see hate comments directed towards our countryman Carlos.

Nevertheless, as Frankie rightly stated, we also accept intelligent comments and criticism towards Carlos, when it is intelligently evidenced. Additionally, we, Puerto Ricans, also are the most severe critics of our countryman when he is not performing the way we know he can.

Anyways, I am one who would sincerely love Carlos to stay as a Magic player, 1) since most of the forum members and moderators in this site have been very fair, objective, and supportive towards Carlos, 2) because Carlos has stated in many ocassions that he loves the Magic, and 3) because as many persons have posted before, Carlos could definitely help the Magic team IF the coaching mentality favored Carlos (and also several other players') playstyle.

Muy inteligentes comentarios, Frankie! Estoy contigo desde una playa en el norte de Borinquen!!