Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld: A team source says Bogans routinely killed Redick last year in practice

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I believe it. A lot of people forget that Bogans was SEC player of the year during his senior season at Kentucky.

He has size, he has an outside shot, he can play D, and he has 5 years of NBA experience.

Bogans is a lot more of an all around player than Redick is, or ever will be.

But if Redick is having problems matching up with Bogans, how the heck is he going to play against Wade, Kobe, etc without getting destroyed?

Agree with you guys.

I dom

i think the jj haters are up to this. bogans made to many mistakes and was asleep at the wheel most of the time. one good stop and then lost for three. when will everyone see that we need some intensity and basketball smarts on the floor. svg will not put up with his type of play. if he starts at sg then we have regressed to a new level. 5 great athletes look good on paper but the team usa proved last time it does not always make a good team. the poor boy from duke, who many cant wait to see fail, may not start but he surely brings more to the table than bogans. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i think the jj haters are up to this. bogans made to many mistakes and was asleep at the wheel most of the time. one good stop and then lost for three. when will everyone see that we need some intensity and basketball smarts on the floor. svg will not put up with his type of play. if he starts at sg then we have regressed to a new level. 5 great athletes look good on paper but the team usa proved last time it does not always make a good team. the poor boy from duke, who many cant wait to see fail, may not start but he surely brings more to the table than bogans. jacklj

You are totally right in what you say Jack, and i agree.

I really like what JJ can give to us, because i guess he

thanks mat for agreeing having the vision to see a bigger picture. this team has a lot of potential but it will take a number of factors that you wont see on espn high lights to be a champion. jacklj

Well if it is that easy to become a "source" and not offer up any credentials, then I am going to report that J.J. actually spent the summer in cartoon land with bugs bunny playing against an alien basketball team that stole NBA players abilities. It was a tough game, but J.J. was assisted got help from bill murray and got the win.

quote:

thanks mat for agreeing having the vision to see a bigger picture. this team has a lot of potential but it will take a number of factors that you wont see on espn high lights to be a champion. jacklj

You welcome Jack. is nice to talk about basketball with the people who understand what is this sport. Basketball is much more than dunks and aleyops. And winning a championship like you said is for who plays Basketball, not espn highlights.

Note to the JJ Fan Club.

It's one thing to hype the praises of your hero.

But when you have to bash another player just to make your hero look like he deserves playing time, it ruins your whole argument.

I have no idea if Bogans dominated JJ in practice last year, nor do I care.

But to start acting like Bogans is not a solid player just to get your guy some floor time indicates that you don't really think JJ can earn the minutes. You think he should get them because all the other SGs are so horrible.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for your guy.

mr. char it is what it is. i watched every game last year and i stated what i saw. bogans is a good player but there is a reason he has been traded and is a role player at best. i surely like jj and i think he can play and help the magic but he will earn it or he wont play. i am old school and he will have to prove he is worthy just like erveryone else. we all have our opinions and mine is jj will make it and has more upside than any of the other sg's on this team. if he had played at another school then maybe he would be more accepted.he will always have that duke noose around his neck which is so unfair and dont try to tell me its not out there. time will tell how this story ends. jacklj

we should trade for Mickael Pietrus. Redick, we ll have to see about him and Bogans might have the edge cause he plays better defense. They both very similar too me. But i would like JJ to get more minutes.

Alright......you guys....'a source' says this but thats called a rumor. Rumors aren't necessarily true so I'll have to be skeptical about this thread.

Sure, Bogans was the leader of the Charlotte Bobcats team a few years ago with his balance of scoring and defending.

As for Ariza...you guys, think about it. "We don't know if Ariza can shoot yet". We saw highlights of him smashing on the fools who get in his way but have we seen consistent shooting? NOOOOOOOOOO........

Sure, Ariza says he's been shooting but the Magic players "SAY" alot of things...that eventually don't show on the court (Remember last year?).

We all seem to be getting desperate...bare with me guys...bare with me.

quote:

if he had played at another school then maybe he would be more accepted.he will always have that duke noose around his neck which is so unfair and dont try to tell me its not out there.

LOL.

Jack, I have no problem with anything else you said, but this part of your statement is laughable.

Every fan of every school thinks that their school is hated by everyone else, they don't get any respect, and blah blah blah.

Grant Hill is one of the most revered players in the NBA, yet he's never won anything or really done anything in this league. What school did he go to?

Elton Brand is a fabulous player, and I've never heard ANYONE ever say anything negative about the guy. What school did he go to?

Coach K. is universally proclaimed as one of the best coaches in the history of the game. What school does he coach?

Stop with the excuses.

Your statement that "time will tell how this story ends" is very accurate, and I hope that JJ exceeds even your expectations.

But to suggest that because he is a Dukie that he is being held down is downright ridiculous.