Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld: A team source says Bogans routinely killed Redick last year in practice

quote:

The battle for shooting guard should also be interesting. J.J.Redick, Keith Bogans, Torrell Martin and Trevor Ariza are the teams guards, (Keyon Dooling is still a possibility). The assumption is Redick will get the starting nod, but Keith Bogans might have something to say about that. A close team source mentioned that Bogans routinely killed Redick during practice last season.

Click here if you want to read the whole Magic pre-season assessment:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_23430.shtml

quote:

The battle for shooting guard should also be interesting. J.J.Redick, Keith Bogans, Torrell Martin and Trevor Ariza are the teams guards, (Keyon Dooling is still a possibility). The assumption is Redick will get the starting nod, but Keith Bogans might have something to say about that. A close team source mentioned that Bogans routinely killed Redick during practice last season.

Click here if you want to read the whole Magic pre-season assessment:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_23430.shtml

or we can post the whole thing so lazy people like myself don't have to click on the link...lol

quote:
The offseason got off to a furious start for the Orlando Magic - then it got very quiet. Too quiet - in fact there hasn

I believe it. A lot of people forget that Bogans was SEC player of the year during his senior season at Kentucky.

He has size, he has an outside shot, he can play D, and he has 5 years of NBA experience.

Bogans is a lot more of an all around player than Redick is, or ever will be.

But if Redick is having problems matching up with Bogans, how the heck is he going to play against Wade, Kobe, etc without getting destroyed?

i think training camp and preseason will tell who beats who. it seems everyone knows a source who knows somebody who told a friend who told the media etc. etc. i think i will wait and see what the play on the court tells me. jj may not be the starter but it surely will not be bogans. jacklj

In and of itself, Bogans dominating JJ doesn't concern me.

First of all, Bogans is a very solid player; a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type of SG.

JJ will not match up very well one-on-one with any SG in the league.

That is why his value is running off of screens, trailing on fast breaks, etc.

If we are expecting him to take anyone consistently off the dribble, then we have very distorted expectations.

The other point is that when you play against the same guy day after day after day, you get to know everything they can do, and can't do. That's going to also help a veteran like Bogans.

Finally, the fact that he beat him in last year's practices mean nothing. When you keep practicing the same 3 plays over and over, well, not much will change.

with the players we have, I see no problem in giving Bogans the starting nod. He's of the same mold of Deshawn Stevenson and that's the type of player we need at the position.

I'm also hoping Torrell Martin makes some noise and surprises the coaching staff. If he plays well, things will REALLY get interesting.

I hope that is not true that Bogans dominated Redick - Bogans isn't from Puerto Rico is he - just kidding - lighten up if you take offense.

I can't imagine Bogans outplaying Redick - not good if it was true - I expect a lot more out of Redick than I would Bogans - I just don't get excited about Bogans.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I believe it. A lot of people forget that Bogans was SEC player of the year during his senior season at Kentucky.

He has size, he has an outside shot, he can play D, and he has 5 years of NBA experience.

Bogans is a lot more of an all around player than Redick is, or ever will be.

But if Redick is having problems matching up with Bogans, how the heck is he going to play against Wade, Kobe, etc without getting destroyed?

He'd play against those guys the same way everybody else does. Not too good I would assume. Bogans is a good player. If he started that would mean that he earned it. I'd be happy with that. I just want what is best for our team.

I hope that is not true that Bogans is dominating Redick in practice - that would not be good. Is Bogans from Puerto Rico and is the writer from Puerto Rico? Lighten up - it is just a joke.

Anyway, I do not get excited about Bogans and I expect more from JJ.