LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-saturday-scouts-take-on-2014-draft/

More interesting draft stuff including some potential player comparisons from an actual eastern conference scout.

If this really is a reputable scout it's very enlightening (also... the scout says "if we land the number one pick" implying they're in the running and Alex Kennedy is Florida based. Not that I'm implying anything haha).

Wiggins:

He’s still so young and has so much room to grow, so it’s difficult to say what his ceiling will be. I’ve heard some people say that his upside is Tracy McGrady or Paul George, which makes sense. I could also see him becoming a lot like Rudy Gay.

Parker:

“He was shooting the ball really well early in the season, which skewed his numbers, but he has come back down to earth lately. I think he’ll be a very good player in the NBA, but I don’t know if he can be a franchise-changing savior that some people peg him to be. My NBA comparison for him is Paul Pierce.”

Embiid:

“His footwork reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwon and his power, outside shot and skills remind me a little of Patrick Ewing. He could be really, really good.

Exum:

“When I see him, I think his upside is Anfernee Hardaway. I could see him being a similar type player, someone who is able to impact a game in many ways and cause a lot of problems for opposing teams.”

Randle:

“When I look at Randle, I see some Jamal Mashburn and some Paul Millsap.”

Smart:

“Look how bad that team was without him. I think that says a lot about his impact on a team. When I see him, I see a mix between Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups in terms of his body type and leadership and fire. I think he’s going to be a very good player. He has All-Star potential.

Smart will need to seriously adjust his shot selection at the next level. Why someone who can't shoot insists on jacking up 5.3 3s per game is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

Smart will need to seriously adjust his shot selection at the next level. Why someone who can't shoot insists on jacking up 5.3 3s per game is beyond me.

If smart stopped flopping, his percentage would be high.

Jabari Parker is just absolutely tearing North Carolina apart right now.

Definitely, Parker can be a nice piece on the Magic.

But.

Parker could stay another year to be a #1 pick in 2015. I say that because Parker hinted at it after news has been running about Wiggins early declaring statements.

Definitely, Parker can be a nice piece on the Magic.

But.

Parker could stay another year to be a #1 pick in 2015. I say that because Parker hinted at it after news has been running about Wiggins early declaring statements.

He might be the number 1 pick in this year's draft.

NYK's next 8 games: vs. PHI, @ BOS, vs. MIL, vs. IND, @ PHI, vs. CLE, @ LAL, @ SAC. Welcome back to the playoff race.

He might be the number 1 pick in this year's draft.

Might, but if Wiigins goes in a scoring run adding to that 40pt game he had, then it's a lock to Wiggins