LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I'm pretty sure this is how the Cavs forums were after they picked Bennett last year.

For what it's worth, this is how the forums were after the jj trade

• Upvote 1

It's not just Ford, Soul...I haven't seen any writer say they like the fit...Am waiting for the ESPN draft grades tommorrow...Got a feeling the Magic won't make the Honor Roll.

You still are not hearing me. I could care less about "fit." Henny thought Gordon > Exum > Smart > Randle > Vonleh.

I watched a lot of Gordon and totally understand why Henny picked him. Dude is a stud and reminds me of a blend of Ibaka and Rodman.

Every other GM/scout/evaluator took a look at Exum compared to the rest of the PG field as well, and none of them would have preferred Payton. Utah just flat jumped on Exum.

I think if Henny could only pick between the two players, he takes Exum. In this situation I think he over thought it and went with best player by position rather then overall talent.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

Payton went in the top 10.

If Exum was an elite PG like you think, I believe Henny would have taken him.

Instead Rob sees this as a draft with elite PFs, and takes his favorite, and then trades to make sure he gets his PG.

I admit I didnt know much about either of these guys we got, but from what I can tell Gordon is the youngest player in the draft and is ready to contribute from day one (unlike guys like Vonleh who is more of a project). It seems like we're going for a hyper-athletic strong defensive team, and that's exciting to me at least.

Its funny how I explained how he is like Blake and you can't really say I am wrong. You just say I'm irrational.

- lead his team to the elite 8

- is only 18

- measures the same, will weigh the same, will play the same position

- pogo stick leaping ability

- big time finisher at rim

No, he's not like Griffin at all. smile_svgsad.png/>

Well, Blake has height on him but me and you both know there's more to it then that.

Let me just say, I don't just hate the pick because it's Gordon, I hate it because it was the 4th pick.

You still are not hearing me. I could care less about "fit." Henny thought Gordon > Exum > Smart > Randle > Vonleh.

I watched a lot of Gordon and totally understand why Henny picked him. Dude is a stud and reminds me of a blend of Ibaka and Rodman.

We shall see....Be another long year next year....Back in the lottery....Hey, next years draft is gonna be loaded too, lol.

It's not just Ford, Soul...I haven't seen any writer say they like the fit...Am waiting for the ESPN draft grades tommorrow...Got a feeling the Magic won't make the Honor Roll.

Man WHO CARES ABOUT THAT? Wow..lol. Get over the freaking writers. A post day draft grade is toilet paper. It really is.

I can't believe you would even use that to justify your views on players. Thats terrible.

Well, Blake has height on him but me and you both know there's more to it then that.

Let me just say, I don't just hate the pick because it's Gordon, I hate it because it was the 4th pick.

Blake has an inch, but this guy will grow another inch I think.

I get that it seems early at 4. Trust me. But it may not seem so bad a year from now.

I want a blend of MJ and......... MJ

Gotta love angry overreacting fans. Remember when we traded JJ for some no name tweener forward? man Rob is an idiot (sarcasm lol)

I'm not overreacting, I never liked Gordon and don't like the pick. I don't have to either, you can't always just put the positive spin on every move. I'll see how things work on the floor, but I'm not digging him and his fit here.