LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I get this feeling we're taking Vonleh and Ennis..

I might start drinking tonight. And I don't drink. Ever.

It will either be because sad or because happy.

If you do start to drink, don't worry I will be as well.... its 7am here.

Gordon would be the guy I go after. Then grab Smart later.

Smart

Victor

Tobias

Gordon

Vuc

That's some athleticism for days.

If we had the 4 and 7 this could work, smart isnt falling to 12.

Woj

Noah Vonleh is on the slide in this draft, front office sources tell Yahoo Sports. Best first chance to be picked: Lakers.

WOW....Ford's latest....If he's right Magic fans will get their wish !!!

3Joel EmbiidPhiladelphia 76ers (19 - 63)COLLEGE: KansasHT: 7-0WT: 250POS: C

Update 6:30 PM ET: ahere continue to be loud rumblings that the Sixers are seriously considering drafting Embiid there. It may be a smoke screen to entice the Cavs to deal with them. Everyone believes that if the Cavs move down in the draft, it will be to land Embiid. But it may be real. The Sixers have not been afraid to draft injured players before (see Nerlens Noel last year) and it sounds heâ??s gaining momentum at No. 3

It sounds as if Exum is now the heavy favorite there if the Sixers donâ??t select Exum. He obviously plays the same position as rookie of the year Michael Carter-Williams. However, the Sixers believe the two can play together, and they continue to explore Carter-Williams trades that would land them a third pick in the top 10. The Lakers have strong interest in a package of Carter-Williams and Thaddeus Young for the No. 7 pick and Steve Nash. The Kings also have interest in a Carter-Williams deal.

Noah Vonleh is a dark horse here. Philadelphia needs a big who spreads the floor and helps Nerlens Noel on the defensive end. Vonleh is especially appealing, as there aren't great bigs available to the Sixers at the No. 10 pick. If they can't get another pick in the Nos. 5-8 range, they could decide to go ahead and take Vonleh here.

PLAYER CARD

4Dante ExumOrlando Magic (23 - 59)COLLEGE: AustraliaHT: 6-6WT: 196POS: PG

Update: The Magic have been very keen on Exum, and I'm told they would likely select him if he's on the board. If he's gone and Embiid seems like too much of a risk, then it comes down to Vonleh and Marcus Smart.

Vonleh has intrigued them ever since having a stellar workout. His ability to stretch the floor and his ability to protect the rim make him a very good fit next to Vucevic. Smart gives them another physical point guard to pair with Victor Oladipo. They would immediately be the toughest backcourt in the NBA. I think Vonleh has the edge, but it's very close. If the Magic took Smart here, I wouldn't be shocked.

Update 6:30 PM ET: ahere continue to be loud rumblings that the Sixers are seriously considering drafting Embiid there. It may be a smoke screen to entice the Cavs to deal with them. Everyone believes that if the Cavs move down in the draft, it will be to land Embiid. But it may be real. The Sixers have not been afraid to draft injured players before (see Nerlens Noel last year) and it sounds heâ??s gaining momentum at No. 3

It sounds as if Exum is now the heavy favorite there if the Sixers donâ??t select Exum. He obviously plays the same position as rookie of the year Michael Carter-Williams. However, the Sixers believe the two can play together, and they continue to explore Carter-Williams trades that would land them a third pick in the top 10. The Lakers have strong interest in a package of Carter-Williams and Thaddeus Young for the No. 7 pick and Steve Nash. The Kings also have interest in a Carter-Williams deal.

Noah Vonleh is a dark horse here. Philadelphia needs a big who spreads the floor and helps Nerlens Noel on the defensive end. Vonleh is especially appealing, as there aren't great bigs available to the Sixers at the No. 10 pick. If they can't get another pick in the Nos. 5-8 range, they could decide to go ahead and take Vonleh here.

PLAYER CARD

Update: The Magic have been very keen on Exum, and I'm told they would likely select him if he's on the board. If he's gone and Embiid seems like too much of a risk, then it comes down to Vonleh and Marcus Smart.

Vonleh has intrigued them ever since having a stellar workout. His ability to stretch the floor and his ability to protect the rim make him a very good fit next to Vucevic. Smart gives them another physical point guard to pair with Victor Oladipo. They would immediately be the toughest backcourt in the NBA. I think Vonleh has the edge, but it's very close. If the Magic took Smart here, I wouldn't be shocked.

Fords latest also has Vonleh falling to 10 to Philly despite them having Embiid and Noel. Small chance Vonleh could slide all the way to 12? Leave us with a Vonleh/Exum draft?

PLAYER CARD

My main question/worry with Exum is this:

Can he put on some weight to handle bigger gaurds. Or for the times when a LeBron James type will guard him.

Right now Exum is a PG Tashawn Prince.

I would love it if this happens....

12 Nik Stauskas Orlando Magic (23 - 59)COLLEGE: MichiganHT: 6-7WT: 207POS: SG

Update:Exum and Oladipo give the Magic an athletic backcourt, but they still need depth after losing Arron Afflalo. Evan Fournier provides some help, but the Magic really need shooters and Staukas also has the size to play some three for them.

If we get Exum at 4, its party time. Period.

Embiid falling made it look like Vonleh, but now we are hearing the hers want him.

Cool with me.

No way Vonleh falls to 12. If that happens, we are bathing in luck.

Exum at 4, if we don't trade up - ill take it. Dude can be a star.

My main question/worry with Exum is this:

Can he put on some weight to handle bigger gaurds. Or for the times when a LeBron James type will guard him.

Right now Exum is a PG Tashawn Prince.

I think he will, has an ok frame and don't forget how young he is! I don't think anyone is as skinny as Prince, even so, Prince is much strong than he looks.