LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I don't see the perimeter defense of Vonleh's, sorry...it will be even tougher against NBA SF's who will be akin the the biggest players Vonleh guarded in college-and he didn't do particularly well aside from getting a few blocks while established in the paint. As other's have said he was prone to TO's and lapses in judgement (including the tourney)-while Randle for example was a little TO prone as well he was getting double/triple teamed-they both are very young and can improve upon that though. Vonleh might be deceptively fast, that's what made Zach Randolph so nifty down low (and his skill level) but he wasn't a particularly effective defender either. I don't see him going ahead of Embiid unless Embiid is out for the season. I don't even see him separating himself from Randle at this point, though I know where I stand here on that position...just not enough from Vonleh aside from what-if's.

Embiid! I hope he dropped a 40 on his toe at the pool or something, please not a stress fracture...please not a stress fracture...he's only been playing ball 3 years!

Embiid! I hope he dropped a 40 on his toe at the pool or something, please not a stress fracture...please not a stress fracture...he's only been playing ball 3 years!

You're going to be disappointed

This could get crazy if Parker and Wiggins go top 2. Would Philly take Exum? If not, who do they reach for? Vonleh? Gordon?

Hopefully Smart is our worst-case scenario, which I'm fine with.

This could get crazy if Parker and Wiggins go top 2. Would Philly take Exum? If not, who do they reach for? Vonleh? Gordon?

Hopefully Smart is our worst-case scenario, which I'm fine with.

Philly would easily take Exum.

I don't see the perimeter defense of Vonleh's, sorry...it will be even tougher against NBA SF's who will be akin the the biggest players Vonleh guarded in college-and he didn't do particularly well aside from getting a few blocks while established in the paint. As other's have said he was prone to TO's and lapses in judgement (including the tourney)-while Randle for example was a little TO prone as well he was getting double/triple teamed-they both are very young and can improve upon that though. Vonleh might be deceptively fast, that's what made Zach Randolph so nifty down low (and his skill level) but he wasn't a particularly effective defender either. I don't see him going ahead of Embiid unless Embiid is out for the season. I don't even see him separating himself from Randle at this point, though I know where I stand here on that position...just not enough from Vonleh aside from what-if's.

Vonleh has plenty of film if you want to see his defense outside. One thing people post that probably never played basketball is when they see him sag off guys and tempt them to shoot. They do not understand that he was told to do that. Im not saying you, but I have read comments on some of his videos about that. They act like he is not closing out the shooter, and it's cringey.

Randle is more - 'what you see is what you get' than Vonleh. Does not have the measurables. Also has a foot that will require surgery at some point. I see Vonleh as a top 5 pick, Randle as a top 8-9.

Embiid has a stress fracture. So I don't see the Magic taking him.

I feel terrible for Joel, I wonder how far he will slip...

I really want Jabari Parker, is there any chance that Jabari will fall to #4?

Vonleh might have a shot of jumping in the top 3 and pushing Parker/Exum to 4 but it's very unlikely

Its about 0 now.

Sucks.

Jabari could easily go #1.

CLE - Parker

MIL - Wiggins

PHI - Exum

ORL - Vonleh

That's how I see it going down.

The Magic will pick Joel Embiid now. We will have twin towers like Duncan and Splitter in San Antonio. Except younger.

ACL and bone fracture are two different stuff.

His back is good. I believe the magic will pick him and this will turn out to be the best for the Magic!

NO WAY for Parker to fall now.

The Magic will pick Joel Embiid now. We will have twin towers like Duncan and Splitter in San Antonio. Except younger.

ACL and bone fracture are two different stuff.

His back is good. I believe the magic will pick him and this will turn out to be the best for the Magic!

I think you may get really bummed out when you read about the bone he is having surgery on.