LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Further, you speak of an article to reference...but I had to go back several pages to find one relevant-and not linked to you/your statements at all. It merely stated that the author believed that he won't go at 4, but at 6-8...namely 6th...sounds second tier to me. No mention of any specific teams placing him in the Embiid-Wiggins-Parker mold. So, I really fail to see where you are coming from except for perhaps trying to incite a debate from a point of weakness. The highest I have ever seen Exum go on draft boards is 4, and he seems to be getting replaced by Vonleh now-which I would admittedly say is not wise. I like Exum at four, and have been a proponent of his at that position since the combine and find the second tier to be darn good. Forgive me if my opinion(s) rub you the wrong way, but they are usually right on-and unlike you I have enough perspective to admit ownership of badly chosen points.

Nah, you do it more than most Murph. I actually appreciate your view on many things but you do tend to hold your own opinion in the highest regard. It's okay, I like to think I'm always right too...my wife likes to remind me I'm not

I can respect that, but I don't find it to be accurate when it comes to cayman and his antics. Ever since he got called out for being a false insider he has turned scornful and loud, perhaps overcompensating for lost credibility.

Further, you speak of an article to reference...but I had to go back several pages to find one relevant-and not linked to you/your statements at all. It merely stated that the author believed that he won't go at 4, but at 6-8...namely 6th...sounds second tier to me. No mention of any specific teams placing him in the Embiid-Wiggins-Parker mold. So, I really fail to see where you are coming from except for perhaps trying to incite a debate from a point of weakness. The highest I have ever seen Exum go on draft boards is 4, and he seems to be getting replaced by Vonleh now-which I would admittedly say is not wise. I like Exum at four, and have been a proponent of his at that position since the combine and find the second tier to be darn good. Forgive me if my opinion(s) rub you the wrong way, but they are usually right on-and unlike you I have enough perspective to admit ownership of badly chosen points.

You are arguing against an article that you haven't even found yet...

I can respect that, but I don't find it to be accurate when it comes to cayman and his antics. Ever since he got called out for being a false insider he has turned scornful and loud, perhaps overcompensating for lost credibility.

Soul Bro can help you with that story….I'll never forget the night Chris Paul was gonna join the Magic….Nice posting Murphy…Enjoy reading your take on things.

As another poster mentioned several pages ago, I love the intensity of everyone on the board right now...it really shows how invested we all are in this team and this draft. Let's just move forward and realize we all want the best and are not necessarily going to agree on the course. At the end if the day none of our opines, or the opines of polled GM's, or Chad Ford or any number of other pseudo experts matter anyway.

It's Henny's time right now, this is make or break time and beyond making the right pick he needs to make the right moves. As others have intimated I really think we are going to be ultra aggressive this draft as I think his plan has always centered around this draft and we've positioned ourselves to be major players come June 26th.

When was I called out for being a fake insider? Not sure about that ever happening, because it never did. Could you show the link to that for us?

At least when you are wrong you really go down with the ship.

I think scornful and loud may be your own insecurities projecting because I find it pretty difficult to be loud over text.

Soul Bro can help you with that story….I'll never forget the night Chris Paul was gonna join the Magic….Nice posting Murphy…Enjoy reading your take on things.

Sold Bro can help with that story?

OK- standing by.

How did I get brought into this??? Junkie!!!

I believe I remember RevTy posting it was a done deal, not Cat. Poor dude.

I also seem to remember Rev being the guy... but I can't recall whether this was before or after I was voted the sexiest poster alive.

Sometimes, reading this thread scrubs a false perspective that posters don't know the media are full of ...

This draft is a process of not playing basketball but a in depth analysis of mental and physical attributes to transition into the epitome of current stars. I've been relying on the various sources to generate an clear cut rational ideal of what the Magic will draft. Anyhow, article sources are always so fickle. I don't have time myself being an application dev but it seems I need to make time. We need the moldy hobo to end this scatter of opinions with facts.

Dante Exum's roommate :

@iamdpick

Joe Ingles on Australian NT roommate and NBA prospect Dante Exum: "He's going No. 3 or 4. I have my sources. Let's see."