LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

June 26th fellas....June..26th... After the time follows, all our answers will be well....answered.

I was thinking about this earlier. Embiid's agent is really rolling the dice here in my opinion. If for any reason the top 3 teams pass on him (which admittedly is doubtful) then there's a risk that he slides past teams like us who haven't had the opportunity to work him out and, more importantly, thoroughly investigate his medical status. I realize he'll go top 3 and this won't matter, but if for some reason he doesn't, he's put himself into a pretty bad situation. Admittedly, if he were to start working out for other teams now it would give the appearance that the Embiid camp is concerned he won't be selected in the top 3 and would probably raise even more concerns over his back. I guess the other thing is, what if a team like us wanted to move up to draft him but did not have the opportunity to clear him medically? Just seems like working out for only the top 3 teams could backfire, although I suspect it won't.

This reminds me of last years draft with Noel..Everyone had him going at 1 and he slipped to 6th, proving anything can happen on draft night

Chad Ford's New Big Board….via twitter.

https://twitter.com/DougESPN/status/476826351836889091/photo/1

And yes….It has Noah in the 4th spot.

As mentioned above, we are past the point of legitimate information coming out. Smokescreens, and journo's trying to get hits. That is all the last three weeks before draft will ever be. Time for us to strap in, let the speculation be that, and hope June 26 gets here fast so we can have more relevant discussion about our new players and how we reckon each team did drafting, particularly our own.

big board doesnt always mean draft position. Sometimes it is the rank of talent without factoring in team need.

Article written in late January by an Austrailian writer who was following Exum's career….

Exum has the tools, work ethic and attitude to forge a long and distinguished NBA career. In addition, he possesses the potential and ceiling to be the best Australian to play in the NBA. That’s how good this kid can be.

However, the risk of taking Exum with the fourth or fifth pick may be larger than selecting an American college star. It remains to be seen whether teams in the high lottery looking to rebuild quickly would be willing to roll the dice on the Australian sensation, which may mean Exum slide into the 6-8 range.

I believe Exum will declare for the 2014 NBA draft and be selected with the sixth pick.

Jake Henson is a fledgling NBA writer from Australia who has followed Dante Exums’s progress very closely over the past 18 months. In 2014, Jake plans to move to the United States to follow his dream of being a regular NBA columnist.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/01/16/why-australias-dante-exum-will-be-a-high-lottery-pick/

Found this at OPP…..

Citing "league sources," Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports 2014 NBA Draft prospect Julius Randle will require surgery on his right foot following the Draft, which procedure will sideline him for at least six weeks. Despite the pending surgery, Randle will continue to conduct workouts with teams prior to the Draft, according to Wojnarowski, who also notes that NBA teams regard the operation as "a minor issue."

Randle averaged 15 points and 10.4 rebounds for Kentucky in his freshman season, shooting 50.1 percent from the floor and 70.6 percent from the free-throw line. He figures to be selected in the lottery, but not anywhere in the top four.

The Orlando Magic, who reportedly intend to host Randle for a workout, have both the fourth and 12th overall selections. In April, Orlando Pinstriped Post contributor Tyler Lashbrook broke down why Randle might fit in well with the Magic's rebuilding project.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2014/6/12/5802970/2014-nba-draft-julius-randle-foot-surgery-orlando-magic-adrian-wojnarowski

Could this make him slide to #12, or maybe further? If we take Exum and Randle is there at 12, take him and run.

Could this make him slide to #12, or maybe further? If we take Exum and Randle is there at 12, take him and run.

Thought the same thing….This scenario would please just about everyone here, lol.