LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Does anyone know the tiebreaker on that?

We're gonna have to tank it pretty solidly tomorrow. Indy isn't going to play anyone.

Nevermind, didn't realize they just split the ping-pong balls. Could the NBA lottery process be any shadier?

Nevermind, didn't realize they just split the ping-pong balls. Could the NBA lottery process be any shadier?

What happens if two teams jump over the 3 and 4 teams though? How is it determined who gets he 5th pick in that scenario?

Collin (Wisconsin)

Other than Parker, what prospect do you consider most NBA ready?

Chad Ford (1:45 PM)

Julius Randle. Marcus Smart. Both have NBA bodies and can handle the rigor of the NBA.

Git r' Done, Rob...we need wins...tired of losing....we don't need guys that are gonna take 2 or 3 years to develop.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50411/nba-insider-chad-ford

• Upvote 1

Collin (Wisconsin)

Julius Randle. Marcus Smart. Both have NBA bodies and can handle the rigor of the NBA.

Git r' Done, Rob...we need wins...tired of losing....we don't need guys that are gonna take 2 or 3 years to develop.

Okafor was much more nba ready than Dwight....Do we want to be the Bobcats/Hawks or do we want a title.

Collin (Wisconsin)

Yeah! Let's draft inferior prospects if it means we can win 40 games now! Let's draft Shabazz Napier with our second first as he's much more nba ready than the freshmen

Okay, because I've been so out of it this season, I'm not too sure exactly what we need. Oladipo seems pretty good at the PG position, so we might have found something there. Not sure we want another undersized 1, no matter how good they were in college.

I think we need some size and skill in our bigs. If we can get a defensive intimidator coming off the bench, great, but that's more of a 2nd rounder. For a 1st-rounder? What? Athletic 2-3 swing?

It is not my purpose to spoon feed you if you cannot remember the extensive conversations had here regarding Howard and publicized trade scenarios from members, media, and Daryl Morey alike. A quick search on TBN returned 36 threads with DWIGHT+HOUSTON+TRADE...some more credible than others. Do your homework and you'll see the silliness of this exchange. I'm done with this.

AND ALL 36 ARE FULL OF SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!! :panicworker:/>/>/>/>

Since you prefer the Houston deal, just tell me what it was? It's a reasonable request. Who were the particulars, I mean who specifically were we getting? Were there picks involved? If so, were they protected? Were they willing to take on Duhon and other unattractive contracts? If so, who? Oh what's that, you can't answer any of these questions because nobody knows for certain. Ahhh, I see. Nevermind then. Now I'm done with it.

Two mic's dropped at the same time! Such pandemonium!!!!

giphy.gif

Two mic's dropped at the same time! Such pandemonium!!!!

giphy.gif

Lol! Why you bringing up old stuff? In case you missed it Murphy and I are now in couples therapy, sharing dreams and candle lit dinners with the TV off in the 'bold draft predictions' thread.

• Upvote 2

Okay, because I've been so out of it this season, I'm not too sure exactly what we need. Oladipo seems pretty good at the PG position, so we might have found something there. Not sure we want another undersized 1, no matter how good they were in college.

I think we need some size and skill in our bigs. If we can get a defensive intimidator coming off the bench, great, but that's more of a 2nd rounder. For a 1st-rounder? What? Athletic 2-3 swing?

My post was sarcastic

I think we should draft the best potential bench player available, regardless of position, with our second first rounder so we will have a strategic advantage over 66.7% of teams in the league.

Call me crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me if we added a third first rounder via trade. If we're adding young assets (ala Houston), this is the year to do it. I also think trading AA for J. Lamb, T. Ross or someone like that is still in the cards.

Okafor was much more nba ready than Dwight....Do we want to be the Bobcats/Hawks or do we want a title.

We had the number 1 pick that year….I mean it could happen again this year but with the Celts and Lakers in it, not happening.

As others have posted, regardless of position Rob better get "Best Player Available".

And then there's the issue of player development as our management readies for this young draft.

SVG got Dwight to his All-NBA level….Raise your hand if you think Vaughn will/can develop our new, young players ???

• Upvote 2