LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Who should we have taken at 4 that would be the best player ever at his position?

Exactly...the Spurs had #1 pick... If we had that we could have that transformative player in Wiggins or Parker

How do you know Payton is our PG in the future? How do you know Gordon even starts? Who in sam hell are you going to sign this off season with the cap space? I mean, I HOPE Gordon will turn out like Marion but how in the hell do I know that'll happen?

How do you know it won't?

Have faith in the guys who studied these players much more than anyone here.

I tend to agree. Was not impressed with his skill set in the NCAA tourney.

Hurts that we tanked the 2013-14 season to get him.

We didn't even fully tank. Not that it matters, Cleveland would've still gotten the 1st pick but we half a**ed tanked. Might've gotten the 2nd though

Not true. Rumor had Utah taking him at 5. (Check Draftexpress mock right before 7 pm).

Yep you are correct. We could not have traded down.

We picked Payton over Exum. That is a fact.

How do you know it won't?

Have faith in the guys who studied these players much more than anyone here.

My faith lies elsewhere. I've been through this enough to know mistakes are made even by those who seem like they know what their doing.

I actually like Payton...AT the spot he was taken.

Chad Ford: Gordon may appear raw to the naked eye, but he's almost universally loved by NBA GMs and scouts. Yes, he's not a great shooter and struggles to create offense for himself off the bounce, but virtually every other part of his game screams "NBA stat-stuffer." Gordon is a terrific defender, using both length and elite athletic ability to guard multiple positions. He's a great rebounder and shot-blocker for his size. His motor is also off the charts. And he can finish way above the rim. Most scouts believe Gordon likely will never average as many as 18 points a game in the NBA, but he could be a guy who averages 13 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks per game. He's going to be a complementary player who can really help a team get to the next level. Look for him to go somewhere between No. 5 and No. 8 on draft night.

http://insider.espn....tock-pro-future

I don't like Gordon. I'll let him play before hating him, but I hate the pick. I'm not going to sugar coat and put a spin on it because we passed on my favorite prospect for one of my least favorites. We have a lot of athleticism on this team, just little to no ball handling and shooting. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and I'm starting to wonder what our plan is. Hopefully this season can show us good things and we can be optimistic going forward, but ugh.....we couldn't have made a worse pick IMO (maybe Randle would've been worse, but it's close).

If Rodman and Noah had a baby...

He measures almost exactly like Griffin.

I mean look here - http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/measurements.php?year=All&sort2=DESC&draft=15&pos=4&sort=5

Same height. Same reach.

He needs to gain 20. But he is 18 years old. Gaining 20 is a given.

This guy can easily be Blake part 2, except better at D, and will need to work on his shot.

I don't like Gordon. I'll let him play before hating him, but I hate the pick. I'm not going to sugar coat and put a spin on it because we passed on my favorite prospect for one of my least favorites. We have a lot of athleticism on this team, just little to no ball handling and shooting. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and I'm starting to wonder what our plan is. Hopefully this season can show us good things and we can be optimistic going forward, but ugh.....we couldn't have made a worse pick IMO (maybe Randle would've been worse, but it's close).

What do you think about Payton?

Chad Ford: Gordon may appear raw to the naked eye, but he's almost universally loved by NBA GMs and scouts. Yes, he's not a great shooter and struggles to create offense for himself off the bounce, but virtually every other part of his game screams "NBA stat-stuffer." Gordon is a terrific defender, using both length and elite athletic ability to guard multiple positions. He's a great rebounder and shot-blocker for his size. His motor is also off the charts. And he can finish way above the rim. Most scouts believe Gordon likely will never average as many as 18 points a game in the NBA, but he could be a guy who averages 13 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks per game. He's going to be a complementary player who can really help a team get to the next level. Look for him to go somewhere between No. 5 and No. 8 on draft night.

Read that description (13/8 averages with 50/50 FT's) to us all in October when we we're all aware that we were tanking the season for something special....ouch.

I would have taken my chances with Exum. At least the hype would have been there.