LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

WOW, you guys are really stretching....

The Magic wasted a 4th pick on a role player. Please let reality sink in and understand that the Magic will suck again all of next year. Gordon is a role player. Magic needed a go-to guy. There will be no playoffs and all of you will be sitting watching the draft lottery again next year hoping the Magic land the #1 pick because that is the only pick they have ever gotten right.

Then to start the day off great we give AA away for garbage. Oh wait we got cap space.... too bad no superstar free agent wants to come here.

There were 2 go to guys and they went 1 and 2. We can get ours in Free Agency 2015. Gordon is not just a role player unless you consider Sean Marion to be just a role player. He was a key piece in winning a ring for the Mavericks and a multiple all-star.

The reality is that we may have a fusion of Blake Griffin and Marion now, and last time I checked, the Clippers built from that and got their star in free agency as a result.

Since we couldn't trade up and get wiggins, we went BPA. Guys like Gordon make us a much better team for many reasons. The main one is defense. But this guy is no role player. I think he is an all-star in the NBA. At PF I loved him and Vonleh, and I think gordon instantly makes an impact for our team.

Not sure who we were supposed to get at pick 4 in your opinion, but I think Payton at 12 makes sense. He was Rob's favorite PG or we would have taken Smart or Exum.

So we got the best PG in the draft (in the magics opinion since they could have grabbed any of them) and the best PF in the draft as well.

• Upvote 2

we aint done.....

i'm all for it. trust our gm for once. if you don't like theres another 29 teams out there.

or go watch netball or something

I know you guys are die hard Magic fans and I love the Magic too but this is the worst rebuild I have ever seen the Magic do......

You must have not been a Magic fan very long! We also have a ton of cap space to continue to add depth....

I know you guys are die hard Magic fans and I love the Magic too but this is the worst rebuild I have ever seen the Magic do......

You have not even seen the team yet. So this is just impulsive whining.

The Magic wasted a 4th pick on a role player. Please let reality sink in and understand that the Magic will suck again all of next year. Gordon is a role player. Magic needed a go-to guy. There will be no playoffs and all of you will be sitting watching the draft lottery again next year hoping the Magic land the #1 pick because that is the only pick they have ever gotten right.

Then to start the day off great we give AA away for garbage. Oh wait we got cap space.... too bad no superstar free agent wants to come here.

The only go to guy in this draft is Jabari Parker. We have Tobias Harris who averages 15 and 8. Parker will be lucky to average that. We did great in this draft. Wiggins will be a bust. There is no superstar in this draft.

There's no way you can state any of this as a fact. None of us have any idea how good Gordon will ultimately end up being. What we do know is that he has all of the tools to be a very good defensive player in the NBA tomorrow, has world class athleticism, he's very young, and offense is typically something that time to develop. There's no way you can determine that he will only be a role player after one freaking season in college. That is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I disagree...it's building from the ground up. You're not going to be able to successfully rebuild by throwing money at players (unless you can do what the Heat did) because it doesnt always work like that.

The only go to guy that the Spurs had was Timmy...after that everyone who is key (kawhi, Parker, Manu) was drafted and viewed as a role player initially. But they made it work because they put TEAM over STAR. That's how you get 5 championships in 15 years. That's how basketball should be played. That appears the way we are doing it and I love it. Get maybe one big guy with free agency but build a team not depend on a player

I believe in Henny and this plan. Lets go!

Would people be happier if we took Payton at 4 and Gordon at 10 or 12?

It's the end result that is most important and we accomplished a lot today.

We made it possible to move VO5 to his natural position and with lots of minutes available

We got our PG of the future

We got a PF that can cover some of Vuc's weakness on D

We have a ton of cap space

We picked up a shooter that just might be a hidden gem

It doesn't matter which order things occurred, the results are exactly the positions I hoped we'd fill. Maybe not the same players, but close enough!