LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

So you really think it's worth up to give up a 19 ppg SG in his prime, the 4th pick who could be Vonleh/Smart, and the 12th who could be Payton/Young?

Let's say this;

Andrew Wiggins

For

Arron Afflalo, Noah Vonleh, and Elfrid Payton

You would do this trade?

Of course and here is why - you win with superstars in the NBA. Wiggins and Parker are the closest thing to that besides Embiid.

Afflalo, Vonleh and Payton are all very good but you HAVE to have a superstar to compete.

Wiggins can start immediately due to his defense and can play SG and SF. So the Magic would have a lockdown tandem back there in Victor and Wiggins. They would probably get Jarret Jack back in a trade, or even may be angling for Waiters. If they had Dipo, Waiters and Wiggins as their backcourt, they could throw Oquinn or Harris out at PF depending on the matchup this season, and hunt for that elite PF next year.

Point is that it is easier to build a team once you have a guy like Wiggins. He has all the tools to be a superstar, and the Magic have the assets to build around him.

Payton and Vonleh is a nice consolation prize, but the Magic can only add so many rookies - it gets tough to pay all these guys, plus you need a balance of vet and rookie.

Or Cleveland can agree to the deal now, but not make it official until July, when they have the cap space to absorb whatever we send. If they're giving up #1, no need for them to give up any other assets.

not sure if they can..they need to clear space to sign a max deal with Lebron.

Also, my understanding on any deal is that you send and get equal value contracts in order for it to work. I don't think they can take afflalo and not send anything our way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last year at this time practically everybody on this board would be jumping for joy if we could actually land Wiggins, regardless what we had to give up. Now that it could really happen, we're freaking out, myself included, that we are giving up too much to get him. I am slowly convincing myself that if Henny thinks he's worth it, I'm on board. It would be cool to see him in a Magic uniform next year.

Last year at this time practically everybody on this board would be jumping for joy if we could actually land Wiggins, regardless what we had to give up. Now that it could really happen, we're freaking out, myself included, that we are giving up too much to get him. I am slowly convincing myself that if Henny thinks he's worth it, I'm on board. It would be cool to see him in a Magic uniform next year.

It's not gonna happen. Philly wants him even more than we do and they have better picks to offer. They will eventually cave and throw in #10. Just hope the deal gets done and that it allows us to draft Exum.

• Upvote 1

I feel like we've discussed EVERYTHING now..

The real question is, will this thread reach 500 pages by Friday morning?

And also, who'll be in the chat for the draft?

Wait I found one more thing to talk about, in Pelton's statistical similarities 2 of Wiggins' top 5 comparisons are Maurice Harkless and Tobias Harris. Don't have insider so can't see more than Wiggins and Parker.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11127987/wiggins-draws-similarities-harris-deng-more-nba-draft?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_peltonstatbasedcomps

Just read that the Cavs like our deal for the #1 pick. If we do trade Afflalo, #4 and #12 to get the first pick then I think that shows ambition to improve this team and get it a potential star. I'd love to see Parker or Wiggins end up here.

When you put it like this, no. But I think if a GM feels that Wiggins will be a Superstar I could see doing it. This move isn't for Parker either. If you do a deal like this it's to shoot for the stars and that's Wiggins, not Parker. Case closed.

Another thing to consider is Wiggins/Parker will put butts in seats even if the team is average. Don't kid yourself if you think Henny won't feel pressure from a three quarter empty arena when making his pick. Money is money and Noah won't fill the arena like either wiggins or Parker. That being said I think Embiid issues and all will happily be Hennys pick if we stay at four.

Wait I found one more thing to talk about, in Pelton's statistical similarities 2 of Wiggins' top 5 comparisons are Maurice Harkless and Tobias Harris. Don't have insider so can't see more than Wiggins and Parker.

http://insider.espn....nstatbasedcomps

Then why aren't Harkless and Harris superstars like everyone is predicting for Wiggins?

• Upvote 1

Then why aren't Harkless and Harris superstars like everyone is predicting for Wiggins?

Maybe Harkless and Harris are his floor while McGrady a and Paul George are his ceiling