LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I was trying to quote the post with the doctors comment about fixing the injury and how this can't be compared to Yao. While I'm sure that medical procedures have advanced since then the fact remains that this is a young kid who has had 3 major injuries in what? 5 years of playing high level ball? He hasn't even had to play an 82 game season yet, and that is not even considering the fact that the latest injury came during workouts, not even in a game. What good is fixing it going to do if it reoccures? There is something going on with the kids body.

Ha-Ha-Ha….I wouldn't take him either, lol….Just trying to have a different opinion to liven this forum up….It sucks when everybody agrees, lol.

Doesn't mean Henny won't draft him, lol….

Just think about this...Embiid has had two stress fractures in 2 totally different places in 3-4 months.

BTW, Embiid's foot will heal but the positioning of the bone is on the medial side which is the same side of the toe, which is where one puts a lot of stress and weight on. Embiid's game stems from his athleticism.

My opinion on Embiid changes every minute.

I don't know what to think anymore but I'm a little disappointed our worst case has gone from exum/parker to now a vonleh/injured embiid.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to Rob to take the New England Patriots/San Francisco 49rs (I hate both teams) blue print for building a team.

You assemble as many draft picks as possible knowing that you won't hit on every one, but the more picks you have the greater room you have for error. Now you obviously need to have a solid scouting department, but I really like the notion of loading up on as many picks as possible, and trusting in Rob and our scouting department (which seems to be doing a solid job at this stage)

Trade Affalo and...

add pick #9

Or and pick up 16, 19, and 49

Scenario #1

We have picks 4,9,12

Embid, Stauskas/McDermott, and Payton

Scenario #2

We have picks 4, 12, 16, 19, and 49

Embid, Payton/Stauskas, Then any combination of Payne, Hood, PJ Hariston, Napier and Patrick Young with 49

I'd even love to see us buy another 2nd round pick.

I'd love to Rob to take the New England Patriots/San Francisco 49rs (I hate both teams) blue print for building a team.

You assemble as many draft picks as possible knowing that you won't hit on every one, but the more picks you have the greater room you have for error. Now you obviously need to have a solid scouting department, but I really like the notion of loading up on as many picks as possible, and trusting in Rob and our scouting department (which seems to be doing a solid job at this stage)

Trade Affalo and...

add pick #9

Or and pick up 16, 19, and 49

Scenario #1

We have picks 4,9,12

Embid, Stauskas/McDermott, and Payton

Scenario #2

We have picks 4, 12, 16, 19, and 49

Embid, Payton/Stauskas, Then any combination of Payne, Hood, PJ Hariston, Napier and Patrick Young with 49

I'd even love to see us buy another 2nd round pick.

At 19 I'd love to get Jordan Adams

Michael Jordan had a navicular fracture in his 2nd year.

Reason Yao Ming and other guys that had it and did not bounce back from the injury was because either the medical tech/level/skills at the time was not good or most of those guys were just slow and were not athletic enough to recover.

Sorry for rambling but embiid is going to be fine and only had two screws, he did not have the spider crack that Yao had... You guys knee jerk too much, if he had a knee surgery or an ankle one I would be the first to say no, not everyone is oden, and this should be case by case. And yes he's had two fracture during a crucial time but he shouldn't be labled as an injury prone, it's just bad timing. If he was a plastic man then he should have been injured every year, some of you guys really knee jerk too much and like to jump on bandwagons of those twitter experts.

Tier one, no particular order

Embiid

Parker

Exum

Wiggins

Tier two

Gordon

Smart

Randle

Vonleh

Tier three

Saric

Stauski

Doug

Harris

Tier four

Shabazz

Eniess

Young

Payton

Zach Levine will be a bust like Austin rivers

Payton reminds me of nick young who shows flashes but nothing winning about them.

My opinion on Embiid changes every minute.

Same here for me.

Looks like Saric may have a guarantee from the Nuggets, refused workouts for any team below them in the draft.