LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Anez would happily put out whatever smokescreen the team might ask of him so I would not put a lot of stock in it.

I have no problem with him doing it either after seeing Otis run a leaky ship where everything hit the media long before the team made it public.

The beat writers have barely discussed the draft since the lottery because Henny is so secretive.

• Upvote 1

@franfraschilla: Here's how it works. When an NBA team's "sources" are pushing someone up the board, it's because they're hoping someone else falls to them.

Anez would happily put out whatever smokescreen the team might ask of him so I would not put a lot of stock in it.

I have no problem with him doing it either after seeing Otis run a leaky ship where everything hit the media long before the team made it public.

The beat writers have barely discussed the draft since the lottery because Henny is so secretive.

Exactly. Remember, Scott Anez is the same guy who said that the final roster D12 was on was really good and he would not change a thing.

I remember hearing that and having complete clarity that this guy was a team shill with zero perspective. If he thought a roster that was so faulty that SVG called it out during the Hawks series was a title team, then he is not worth taking seriously in any way.

@franfraschilla: Here's how it works. When an NBA team's "sources" are pushing someone up the board, it's because they're hoping someone else falls to them.

Makes sense

The problem with this is Cleveland have the #1 pick and "sources" have said they favor Embiid, Parker and Wiggins on separate occasions.

The problem with this is Cleveland have the #1 pick and "sources" have said they favor Embiid, Parker and Wiggins on separate occasions.

Trying to get someone who is love with one of those guys to make them a deal they can't refuse to move up.

I'm no Otis fan but I remember most of his trades coming out of blue.

Unless you are just referring to the draft picks. Then you may be right I can't really remember.

I'm no Otis fan but I remember most of his trades coming out of blue.

Unless you are just referring to the draft picks. Then you may be right I can't really remember.

Because Otis didn't even know who he was targeting until we were on the clock. Them he checked a few mock drafts and made the selection.

• Upvote 2

A huge part of me hopes more and more every day that we draft Exum and he becomes a stud. Not just for our Magic, but for the crow some of our more offensive, conceited, self-centered posters would have to eat.

And to more important things, random thought. Would there be any reason or any possibility of Exum and Smart? I think no, just cause Vic is too small for the 3, but just bringing up a topic that involves are two biggest draft interests.

Well honestly I think the best that we can hope for is a point guard with the obvious raw talent that Javaris Crittenton possessed. I mean in the limited minutes we all got to see out of him I think we can all agree that he would have been the type of guard that we should have moved heaven and earth for.

• Upvote 3

Well honestly I think the best that we can hope for is a point guard with the obvious raw talent that Javaris Crittenton possessed. I mean in the limited minutes we all got to see out of him I think we can all agree that he would have been the type of guard that we should have moved heaven and earth for.

As long as he leaves the guns at home

God I remember wanting him so bad. Still a crazy story.

Because Otis didn't even know who he was targeting until we were on the clock. Them he checked a few mock drafts and made the selection.

To be fair, Otis wasn't terrible in the first round (for the most part). Courtney Lee, JJ, etc. Of course the Fran debacle sullied his drafting prowess in the eyes of most.

Second round and late first was when you heard names you'd never heard before, yet you'd watch a couple YouTube videos of the guy and convince yourself it was a solid pick. Looking at you, Justin Harper, Stanley Robinson, and Daniel Orton.