LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I can't rid myself of the nightmare scenario in which one of Exum/Embiid/Parker/Wiggins falls to us and yet we still take Smart based on this reported obsession we've had with him since last year. I want to know with certainty that this disaster won't happen, and yet I think it is a remote possibility.

We all have our preference on who we'd like for our team to draft. Whoever they pick we have to trust that Hennigan has done his due dilligence and support that he made the right decision. The scouts are the ones who are they and see everything we don't.

Yeah it was a clearly a joke...hence the all jokes aside statement at the start of the next paragraph.

Hey Mr. 104 comments why don't we relax.

exum + Kyle Anderson

how does one stop that in transition

anderson would not be fast enough to get down the court.

Hey Mr. 104 comments why don't we relax.

He's probably made about as many insightful and on topic comments as I have, come to think.

The average measurements for a sg is 35.4 for max vert, young had a 35.5 max vert. Hence average athleticism.

From Chad Ford…

Young didn't participate in basketball drills, either, and had limited participation in the athletic drills thanks to a small groin strain suffered while doing the vertical jump testing. He measured with a good 36-inch vertical and impressed in his measurements with a nearly 7-foot wingspan.

Yeah, and I watched UK a lot and when teams would run him off the 3-point line he was terrific getting to the hole or shooting that little runner (see witchita state).

Also found this from Chad about our boy Saric…

Saric's play at the Adriatic Final Four put an exclamation point on a terrific season. He not only led his team to the Adriatic League championship, he was named MVP, averaging 22 PPG, 13 RPG and 6.5 APG while shooting a red-hot 8-for-16 from beyond the arc. There's no question he's an elite talent. The bigger issue is whether he's actually going to go to the NBA this year. His father wants him to stay in Europe at least one more season, possibly two. Saric's agents would like him to go now, as many of the teams in the lottery are more interested if he's available this season. If he can get a promise from a team in the top 10, he'll likely stay in the draft.

That's impressive whether or not he reminds you of Fran Vasquez or not, lol.

EDIT….Murphy is spot on….really liking his opinions.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=10&source=Chad-Ford-Big-Board

• Upvote 1

From Chad Ford…

Young didn't participate in basketball drills, either, and had limited participation in the athletic drills thanks to a small groin strain suffered while doing the vertical jump testing. He measured with a good 36-inch vertical and impressed in his measurements with a nearly 7-foot wingspan.

Yeah, and I watched UK a lot and when teams would run him off the 3-point line he was terrific getting to the hole or shooting that little runner (see witchita state).

Also found this from Chad about our boy Saric…

Saric's play at the Adriatic Final Four put an exclamation point on a terrific season. He not only led his team to the Adriatic League championship, he was named MVP, averaging 22 PPG, 13 RPG and 6.5 APG while shooting a red-hot 8-for-16 from beyond the arc. There's no question he's an elite talent. The bigger issue is whether he's actually going to go to the NBA this year. His father wants him to stay in Europe at least one more season, possibly two. Saric's agents would like him to go now, as many of the teams in the lottery are more interested if he's available this season. If he can get a promise from a team in the top 10, he'll likely stay in the draft.

That's impressive whether or not he reminds you of Fran Vasquez or not, lol.

EDIT….Murphy is spot on….really liking his opinions.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=10&source=Chad-Ford-Big-Board

I do not want to go through another Fran situation. If he is truly as soft as Fran is his gut will tell him like Fran to stay away from the Big Boy league. They can use the more money smoke screen or I love Europe all they want, bottom line is that they know deep down they cant make it here so they dont take a chance.

It sounds like the 8th pick with Sac and maybe the 9th pick with Charlotte is open for business. Lets move it on up from the 12 spot fellas. We got Nelson and Affalo for the taking. Although the David Lee talks somewhat make sense, that would bring a veteran to the team to replace Nelson and Affalo and fit an area of need.

We got more assets and more options than most the teams..its great to Henny right now.

Saric is very interesting to me

Me too, he would bring a lot to the table but him not knowing where he wants to play doesn't make it easy to take drafting him seriously

Saric is very interesting to me

I like him a lot. I challenge someone to watch his highlight tapes and tell me he doesn't remind you of Ginobli.