LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Latest DX mock has us with Embiid/Ennis again, but of course none of this speculation really matters until we know the real order on Tuesday.

I think their mock draft goes strictly BPA; not taking team personnel into account.

for anyone that doesn't mind reading Steve Kyler and his boys, here's their updated mock draft after the combine.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2014-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-2-0/

Some little nuggets from ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman…..

• Doug McDermott pulled out a 36.5-inch running max vertical, which ranked 18th among the nearly 60 players who participated in the event. McDermott also boosted his stock by ranking in the top 15 in the lane agility drill. The former Creighton star is, according to several NBA executives, a likely late-lottery selection. McDermott helped dispel any notion that he is unathletic with his vertical and with the running events.

• High-powered agent Arn Tellem didn't even send Joel Embiid and Jabari Parker to Chicago. Shortly afterward, the third player in the conversation for the top pick -- Andrew Wiggins -- also withdrew from the camp. There was speculation that Parker is out of shape, but the more sensible reason is that Tellem didn't want all the teams to have access to Embiid's medical information.

Now he can try to impose leverage, not visit a certain lottery team (i.e., the Milwaukee Bucks) and make it more difficult for that particular franchise to draft Embiid without all the detailed medical info. In essence, he will try to control where Embiid -- and maybe even Parker -- lands.

• Aussie mystery man Dante Exum has been out of sight for NBA folks since the U-19 championships in July. He didn't participate in any of the basketball drills, but he did the testing. And, although he fared well in the running and agility events, the 6-6 guard posted a max vertical of only 34.5 inches, which was disappointing. I saw Exum workout for two days earlier and his first step is explosive, but he's not quite as explosive vertically as many in attendance were expecting.

• I don't think I completely understand body fat percentage because Julius Randle and Marcus Smart ranked near the bottom of all those tested at the combine. Randle was at 9.4 percent and Smart at 10.55. Nik Stauskas was the fourth-highest at 12 percent. Upon learning the news, Stauskas asked me: "Am I fat?" Nope, Nik. You aren't, but I am.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10946014/doug-mcdermott-versatility-biggest-surprises-nba-draft-combine-nba-draft

• Upvote 1

I'm getting very excited!!! This draft is going to make or break the Magic, and I believe we've got a great GM … finally!!!

I think their mock draft goes strictly BPA; not taking team personnel into account.

for anyone that doesn't mind reading Steve Kyler and his boys, here's their updated mock draft after the combine.

http://www.basketbal...sensus-ver-2-0/

Two of those dudes have us taking Nurkic with our second pick. Boooo!!!! smile_panicworker.gif

I wish they made the combine compulsory, **** if they can fine Stirling 2.5mil that should have the power (dictatorship) to force all players entering the draft to attend the combine.

Been reading through some mock drafts, and this one on bleacher stood out;

1. Wiggins, Bucks

2. Parker, 76ers

3. Exum, Magic

4. Embiid, Jazz

5. Randle, Celtics

6. Gordon, Lakers

7. Smart, Kings

8. Ennis, Pistons

9. McDermott, Cavs

10. Vonleh, 76ers

11. Young, Nuggets

12. Jerami Grant, Magic

What would people think of that draft haul: Exum and Grant?

Got to say I doubt Vonleh falls to #10, and if he did, then the 76ers are lucky to land him and Parker. What a team they could turn in to be with those two joining MCW and Noel.

Been reading through some mock drafts, and this one on bleacher stood out;

1. Wiggins, Bucks

2. Parker, 76ers

3. Exum, Magic

4. Embiid, Jazz

5. Randle, Celtics

6. Gordon, Lakers

7. Smart, Kings

8. Ennis, Pistons

9. McDermott, Cavs

10. Vonleh, 76ers

11. Young, Nuggets

12. Jerami Grant, Magic

What would people think of that draft haul: Exum and Grant?

Got to say I doubt Vonleh falls to #10, and if he did, then the 76ers are lucky to land him and Parker. What a team they could turn in to be with those two joining MCW and Noel.

grant did very bad in the combine. he will slip. I think we move up or take a pg/shooter. If we reach. It would be stauskas/lavine not grant. we already have harkless. grant is two inches shorter than harkless. 6'7 vs 6'9. he also has a bad shot.

anyone keen on smart? imagine a backcourt of smart-oladipo on defense.

not the best outside shooting from your backcourt however

Exum has massive defensive potential with his length and quickness. Him and Dipo would be devastating.

How devastated will you guys be if we land the 5th or 6th pick? I'm so nervous, I'd take #4 right now and opt out of the entire process

I like Vonleh a lot so I would be okay there, but I would be scared of Marcus Smart.

Exum has massive defensive potential with his length and quickness. Him and Dipo would be devastating.

Agreed, the sheer potential and talent of that combination could see them become one of the league's most dominant guard duos.

I like Vonleh a lot so I would be okay there, but I would be scared of Marcus Smart.

If we end up drafting outside the top four, and we assume the first four picks are Embiid, Exum, Parker and Wiggins. I wouldn't be too devastated to see us our first pick on Vonleh. The guy is huge, athletic, and has a ton of upside. Pairing him with Vuc, could form a hell of a combination for our front court. I think he is the guy we should target if we fall out of the top four, and then use our second first round pick to grab a guard.

• Upvote 1