LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Embiid and Parker missing the combine.

Terrible for Embiid and nearly as bad for Parker because he's not all that athletic to begin with. Parker's measurables outside of height/reach probably would have been very underwhelming.

Terrible for Embiid and nearly as bad for Parker because he's not all that athletic to begin with. Parker's measurables outside of height/reach probably would have been very underwhelming.

Yea for me, I feel like Parker's just trying to hide his athleticism which is never a good sign if his agent thinks his measurables are so bad it might affect his draft stock.. Embiid has me worrying because I thought they conducted medical's at the combine (not certain on that though).

Yea for me, I feel like Parker's just trying to hide his athleticism which is never a good sign if his agent thinks his measurables are so bad it might affect his draft stock.. Embiid has me worrying because I thought they conducted medical's at the combine (not certain on that though).

Whether they conduct them formally or not, every team will conduct a thorough, independent, physical exam by their own team doctors which will have to happen at some point prior to the draft

None of it is a surprise as most of the top picks elect to forgo the combine every year.

The top picks normally attend the combine but they don't participate in the drills (just measuring and physicals). These guys aren't even showing up. By skipping the event, the 3 guys will dictate who has access to their medical records and measureables because if collected at the combine, all 30 teams would have access to the information.

I just hope Exum doesn't also pull out of the event.

The top picks normally attend the combine but they don't participate in the drills (just measuring and physicals). These guys aren't even showing up. By skipping the event, the 3 guys will dictate who has access to their medical records and measureables because if collected at the combine, all 30 teams would have access to the information.

I just hope Exum doesn't also pull out of the event.

I think pulling out (lols) would be detrimental to Exum, he is going to record some great numbers! Because there is so much mystery already around him, this is an opportunity to present hes positives. He has Size, speed and athleticism.

I think pulling out (lols) would be detrimental to Exum, he is going to record some great numbers! Because there is so much mystery already around him, this is an opportunity to present hes positives. He has Size, speed and athleticism.

For Exum, depends on how you look at it. if he doesn't show up to the combine and only agrees to private workout for 2 teams, Lakers and Magic, those are the only teams with solid information on him to make an educated decision on whether or not to draft him. If those are the only 2 teams he wants to play for and he impresses them, he's possibly put himself in a good position. However, would a team other than LA & Orlando still take him? Possibly. But would you risk a pick on an unknown with other quality options available if all you had were a handful of game tapes and internet interviews (Hi Otis)? By showing up and doing the interviews and and physicals, and maybe drills, he could impress and play himself up to #1, or he could under-perform and drop to 7-12.

For Exum, depends on how you look at it. if he doesn't show up to the combine and only agrees to private workout for 2 teams, Lakers and Magic, those are the only teams with solid information on him to make an educated decision on whether or not to draft him. If those are the only 2 teams he wants to play for and he impresses them, he's possibly put himself in a good position. However, would a team other than LA & Orlando still take him? Possibly. But would you risk a pick on an unknown with other quality options available if all you had were a handful of game tapes and internet interviews (Hi Otis)? By showing up and doing the interviews and and physicals, and maybe drills, he could impress and play himself up to #1, or he could under-perform and drop to 7-12.

Hypothetically Exum turning up and lowering his draft stock wouldn't be a bad thing for us, especially if he fell to #12. Imagine walking out of the draft with Parker/Wiggins at #3 and Exum at #12. Not going to happen, but it would be nice for us to have that type of luck! B)