Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Team USA 113 - Brazil 76...Aug. 26,2007

Sunday...August 26,2007...9:00 P.M.{EST} Espn 2...Espn 360

End of the preliminary games...

Brazil's our toughest opponent we will play so far ...

We need to go un-defeated and stay that way.

GO TEAM USA !!!

Since no one answered my Question ...

I had to make an executive decision...LOL

Move it if you wish...

Thanks ...JD

Sunday...August 26,2007...9:00 P.M.{EST} Espn 2...Espn 360

End of the preliminary games...

Brazil's our toughest opponent we will play so far ...

We need to go un-defeated and stay that way.

GO TEAM USA !!!

Since no one answered my Question ...

I had to make an executive decision...LOL

Move it if you wish...

Thanks ...JD

Brazil needs to finish first or second here to earn an automatic berth in the 2008 Olympics. And, with Nene and Barbosa, the reigning NBA sixth man of the year, on the roster, it is considered one of the top challengers -- along with 2004 Olympic champion Argentina -- to the United States in the FIBA Americas Championship. That assertion will be put to the test Sunday when Brazil faces the United States.

"It's going to be a hard game," said Barbosa, Brazil's leading scorer. "I'm happy that people have been saying that [brazil is one of the best teams here] but we need to do well, so that what they've been saying is true. Nothing has happened. We have a lot of work to do."

The United States has been able to dominate smaller teams such as Venezuela and the Virgin Islands with 6-foot-8 Carmelo Anthony starting at power forward, but Brazil isn't lacking for size with four players 6-10 and taller, including Nene and Tiago Splitter, a first-round pick of the San Antonio Spurs. "They have a lot of tough, physical guys," said Anthony, Nene's teammate in Denver.

Forward Marcus De Souza, a member of the New Orleans Hornets, is also on the team, but the Brazilians don't have NBA players Anderson Varejao or Rafael Araujo, as they are still negotiating contracts as free agents.

The depth of this team is obvious, though, as Brazil won its third consecutive Pan American Games last month in Rio de Janeiro without Nene or Barbosa. "I really like Brazil," Canada Coach Leo Rautins said. "They've played together for a while. They all know each other extremely well and they have quality players at every position. They can go big. They can go quick. Subs come in and there is no drop off. Even their stars, Nene and Barbosa, they are team guys."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...AR2007082501147.html

I got US by 20-25, Nene is there dominate player he should be nulled by Dwight, and Amare.

Maybe coach k will make an adjustment and start a center and a real pf?

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Brazil needs to finish first or second here to earn an automatic berth in the 2008 Olympics. And, with Nene and Barbosa, the reigning NBA sixth man of the year, on the roster, it is considered one of the top challengers -- along with 2004 Olympic champion Argentina -- to the United States in the FIBA Americas Championship. That assertion will be put to the test Sunday when Brazil faces the United States.

"It's going to be a hard game," said Barbosa, Brazil's leading scorer. "I'm happy that people have been saying that [brazil is one of the best teams here] but we need to do well, so that what they've been saying is true. Nothing has happened. We have a lot of work to do."

The United States has been able to dominate smaller teams such as Venezuela and the Virgin Islands with 6-foot-8 Carmelo Anthony starting at power forward, but Brazil isn't lacking for size with four players 6-10 and taller, including Nene and Tiago Splitter, a first-round pick of the San Antonio Spurs. "They have a lot of tough, physical guys," said Anthony, Nene's teammate in Denver.

Forward Marcus De Souza, a member of the New Orleans Hornets, is also on the team, but the Brazilians don't have NBA players Anderson Varejao or Rafael Araujo, as they are still negotiating contracts as free agents.

The depth of this team is obvious, though, as Brazil won its third consecutive Pan American Games last month in Rio de Janeiro without Nene or Barbosa. "I really like Brazil," Canada Coach Leo Rautins said. "They've played together for a while. They all know each other extremely well and they have quality players at every position. They can go big. They can go quick. Subs come in and there is no drop off. Even their stars, Nene and Barbosa, they are team guys."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...AR2007082501147.html

I think this U.S. team is focused and will dominate again. I think they want to make a statement - a big statement and Kobe, Kidd, James, Anthony, etc. will show up big.

I predict a 30 point win - the U.S. will be very focused and I think very dominant.

I don't know why Mike Miller is on the team - are you kidding me? I don't like Mike Miller as a player - never have. He shouldn't be on the team. Mike Miller being on that team is as bad as Pat Garrity being on any pro team.

USA has to play hard because Brazil has a very talented team and they are hungry. My guess is that Brazil is going to play 3/2 zone or a 2/1/2 zone or a box and one against Carmelo or Redd.

Go USA

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I got US by 20-25, Nene is there dominate player he should be nulled by Dwight, and Amare.

Maybe coach k will make an adjustment and start a center and a real pf?

Rich, they also have Leandro Barbosa. They will be by far our toughest competition in this tournament.

quote:
they also have Leandro Barbosa. They will be by far our toughest competition in this tournament.

I still see us pounding them by 30-40 points. Barbosa Smarbosa, we have to much talent to be touched in this tourney.