Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

SI Ranks the Eastern Conference

Who wrote this? Marc Stein? John Hollinger?

We're never in the race when someone from ESPN writes it. They keep proclaiming that we're too young, but that doesn't mean we can't contend. Look at the "baby" bulls.

Many won't realize this, but even though we got swept by Detroit, the playoff experience was thoroughly worth it. I can't see us making the playoffs outside of the 6th seed, let alone miss it!

And Cleveland at 1st?! ok...

EDIT: My mistake, I thought ESPN wrote this.

Imo,we keep the team we have now,and just add a big(brown,webber,eli,olawakandi,mutumbo) we will finish 6-8,if we can add a Maggete or Artest,we will finich top 5.

SI doesn't pull any weight IMO.

They picked the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl last year(beating the Colts and Pats to get there)

Needless to say I cancelled my subscription after reading that load of BS!!!

SI = Stupid Idiots

I love how he says "more now than ever, this season will probably come down to injuries".

Considering we have a team of young, healthy players of which none have any sort of injury history, it's silly that he has us 9th.

It also look like this fellow, and most other pundits, are discounting Dwight's natural improvement and SVG's affect on our team's youngsters.

Then again, from their point of view, all they see if Boston becoming a contender, so "let's just knock eveyone else down a notch". This would of course put us in 9th. Hmph.

It's a bit weird to me, though. We lose a marginal starting 2 guard (with plenty of young talent in reserve to fill the hole) and a back up big man, and add an all-star forward, yet somehow this really won't make us any better. Oh, and one of the best young coaches in the league. Hmph.

quote:
Many won't realize this, but even though we got swept by Detroit, the playoff experience was thoroughly worth it.

And you could argue that, if we had not faced Detroit, we could have gone much, much further. Of all the teams in the East Playoffs, Detroit was the only one that we hadn't won the series with.

That ALSO includes the Spurs...

Food for thought.

quote:
and they might miss the leadership of Grant Hill, who bolted for Phoenix.

This statement shows how ignorant people can be. Grant Hill was NEVER a leader on this team and I doubt on the old Pistons team. Which also explains why when he was on that they sucked so bad.

Grant Hill is not a leader and never was.

I agree G. Hill was far from a leader,more of a distraction,in the 6 seasons that he wasted the Magic's time.

I think this ranking is the best for us. I remember so many teams being the flavor of the month by SI like the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl, ETC. We have a young team and the underappreciation will serve as motivation for the 2007-2008 season. Hurry up, ESPN please do the same

Oh my goodness, we are still underestimated.

We beat Cleveland like 2 out of 3games last season

We swept Miami 4 to 0 last season

We beat Chicago 2 to 1 last season

Even though they we beat Boston 3 to 1 last season, its going to be tougher this upcoming season but what is up with this underestimating the Magic crap.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:
and they might miss the leadership of Grant Hill, who bolted for Phoenix.

This statement shows how ignorant people can be. Grant Hill was NEVER a leader on this team and I doubt on the old Pistons team. Which also explains why when he was on that they sucked so bad.

Grant Hill is not a leader and never was.

The media LOVES Grant Hill and always will. He was a nice guy to have on your team, but was not a kick peoples butt vet we needed.

We had a winning record last season when Grant did not play and losing one when he did. But the media still treats him like an All-Star, Grant was about as much help to us last year as MJ was to the Wizards.

The team never had a problem on nights Grant sat out, it was Ariza's injury that threw us into that mid season slump. I am glad he is gone off to chase a ring so we can move on from the GH hero worship.

Sad but true, we were "underdogs" last season and did nothing to show any different, we have a new coach and signed a perennial all star and we are still "underdogs".

quote:

Perennial allstar = made the allstar team once in his 9 year career? LOL

Also, LOL that we're better than Washington with 3 allstars in Arenas, Butler, Jamison (who were leading the east until injuries) or the big 3 of New Jersey (who get Jefferson and Kristic back).

All the people taking so tough. I'll bet anyone here 500 dollars on a gambling escrow that Orlando is no higher than the 8th seed next year.

No one will take me up on this offer because deep down inside you all realize Otis went backwards this offseason.