Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Would you mortgage our future for Kobe?

If the Magic were to do what the Celtics did, in the case of "win now" and not worry about the future, would you be in favor of it?

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

The Magic give up Meer, Redick, Ariza, and Turk. They also give up Garrity and Arroyo who have exp. contracts. They also give up 2 future first round draft picks (09 and 11).

SL

PG Dooling

SG Kobe

SF Lewis

PF Battie

C Howard

What do you think?

If the Magic were to do what the Celtics did, in the case of "win now" and not worry about the future, would you be in favor of it?

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

The Magic give up Meer, Redick, Ariza, and Turk. They also give up Garrity and Arroyo who have exp. contracts. They also give up 2 future first round draft picks (09 and 11).

SL

PG Dooling

SG Kobe

SF Lewis

PF Battie

C Howard

What do you think?

In about 1 nano-second I do that deal. Now that is a big 3 that complements one another. I think the Boston big 3 is going to be a huge cluster-****.

Yes,but then we wouldn't be able to play,because we wouldn't have enough players on the team,and we couldn't afford anyone with all the yumbo yack saleries we have.

I've put my thought forward in regard to these matters. If we can maintain the key components to get something done, for me its a different scenario. Trading away everything you worked at and with, for me isn't really the line I'd take. It'd have to take a Howard to get this done, so no.

It wouldn't have a chance of happening with the names mentioned.

I would do it, but the Lakers wouldn't. Why give up a superstar who can't opt out for two years?

The Boston deal was DOA without including their young promising big man in Jefferson.

Ours would be as well unless you include Dwight, which makes it a no way for me.

I think we could get this done in a different way entirely that would appeal to both teams.

We trade Rashard/Redick/a future 1st round pick (and an expiring or two if they require it) for Kobe.

Then we have a lineup that looks like this.

Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling

Kobe/Bogans

Ariza/Turk

PF with vet min/Battie/Augie

Dwight/Gortat

I think if we made that move, we would automagically become front runners to land any free agents still available on the open market.

It would hurt, but yes. This is a bit different from the Celts, though:

The Celts got rid of all their young players, including their best prospects. Our best prospect is Dwight Howard. As long as he doesn't go in any deal, we have a fighting chance at the playoffs.

With Kobe leading the way with Dwight, we'd have a fighting chance for a championship.

...Even though the Lakers would never pull the trigger on it.

First off, we ain't giving up Dwight to get Kobe. If we have to do that I say no.

But what if Kobe forces the Lakers hand? From what I've been reading, now that his boy Garnett is gone that is a strong likelihood.

Wouldn't the Lakers have to take the best offer they could get?

I know the Bulls have a lot nice pieces but Kobe just might want to play with a big man.

I'd say give L.A. anything they want except Dwight.

That Laker situation with Kobe is gonna be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.