Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

how about this for a trade...

since we are all about picking up overpaid players, how about this trade with memphis:

out: keyon, arroyo, and battie(future first)

in: pau gasol

it works in trade checker.

we would definately be contenders then. if that happened, who would care about our 2 guard issues? ecf in the crosshairs...

since we are all about picking up overpaid players, how about this trade with memphis:

out: keyon, arroyo, and battie(future first)

in: pau gasol

it works in trade checker.

we would definately be contenders then. if that happened, who would care about our 2 guard issues? ecf in the crosshairs...

You didn't ask yourself why Memphis would do this did you?

They don't need to rebuild, they've made some great moves in the off season and look a little rosy right now!

Memphis would send us a bag of Darko's feces with that offer.

Honestly - if Gasol ends up back on the market, they're going to get much better offers than that. Namely, from Chicago.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr34205:

You didn't ask yourself why Memphis would do this did you?

They don't need to rebuild, they've made some great moves in the off season and look a little rosy right now!

Agree.

Murphy please put you in the mind of a Memphis gm. Did you trade your star for 2 back-up pg, and a back-up pf and a draft pick?

This is ridicoulus.

If we had a hypno-beam, this would be a done deal. Judging from Otis' deal with Seattle, however, I don't think we have said hypno-beam.

yes i did think about why memphis would do this...my thinking was that even though they are sitting below the salary cap, they wont be for long when they extend their core salaries, i.e. rudy gay and others. giving them a good backup point with an expiring deal is a good deal. they have 2 points, and one of them is a rookie that rode the coattail of greg oden since they were kids...the other, lowry, cant play offense. if arroyo is good at anything, its providing a good offensive spark. look how young their team is. we all know that battie's greatest strength is in the locker room, and off the court. hes a good character guy. keyon i would hate to give up, but hes a valuable asset on a team who seems to lack a defensive presence at the two spot. maybe their plethera of fowards could fill in, but otherwise, its casey jacobson and mike miller guarding the two guards of the league on that team...it would take a future first rounder to get memphis to bite, which is fine with me. we will be over the cap anyways forever, thanks to the only deal made this summer aside from svg. besides, dont kid yourself, the grizz have gotten a lot better but they are still building. (they are in the west). additional availability under the salary cap would allow them to pursue fa's next year as well...and beyond.

in addition, its more fun talking about possibilities for us than everyone talking about how good boston and everyone else will be next year. people should just go to the boston blogs if they want to keep talking about them...

maybe that hypno-beam is available on the black market, anyone have ties the blackmarket? maybe china makes a knock-off version thats cheaper and will just stun memphis enough to pull the deal off...