Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Time for Augie?

Looks like Darko might miss some time, Junkie posted this in another thread. But I have been thinking about this the last couple weeks.

quote:
In other news, Darko Milicic missed practice again Thursday with a sciatic nerve problem in his lower back. Milicic missed Wednesday's game with the pain in his back.

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

If you get to the games early, you will see Asst Coach Morlon Wiley working out Augie and Diener before the active players come out for warmups.

They usually end the workout with a three point shooting contest. I don't know who esle may have seen this, but Augie is a hell of a shooter from out there. He often matches Diener bucket for bucket from beyond the arc. I don't know if he could duplicate it in games, but if Darko misses time. I would much rather see Augie given a chance over Pat or Bo.

Looks like Darko might miss some time, Junkie posted this in another thread. But I have been thinking about this the last couple weeks.

quote:
In other news, Darko Milicic missed practice again Thursday with a sciatic nerve problem in his lower back. Milicic missed Wednesday's game with the pain in his back.

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

If you get to the games early, you will see Asst Coach Morlon Wiley working out Augie and Diener before the active players come out for warmups.

They usually end the workout with a three point shooting contest. I don't know who esle may have seen this, but Augie is a hell of a shooter from out there. He often matches Diener bucket for bucket from beyond the arc. I don't know if he could duplicate it in games, but if Darko misses time. I would much rather see Augie given a chance over Pat or Bo.

I don't think he's ready to play yet. We're trying to make the playoffs, so putting in an experimental player isn't the best idea.

This is the one of 20 NBA players that I have never seen play at all.

That's the mark of a true student of the game. Great observation Bhnole. Most people before the game starts are socializing, checking out girls or eating.

That's exactly what I would have been doing.

As far as Augie goes I agree with the others. For this year it's probably to late. If Brian did do it I think most people would have a heart attack.

I dont think that Augie is ready to play major minutes yet. I have seen what you have seen, him shooting before games, it seems like he can be a big man shooter like an Austin Croshere or even Pat Garrity. I also seen him working out with Assistant coach Mark Bryant. But Mark schools him when they work on posting up and other things down low. So there is some stuff he can be working on before he gets major minutes.

Darko is out and Battie is still in the process of coming back. That leaves Outlaw and Garrity and that scares the crap out of me. I don't see why Augustine shouldn't at least dress and I honestly think he should play. Not 25 minutes a game or anything crazy but 10 to 15 minutes a game would be a good start. Who knows he might impress but I don't see what there is to lose.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Darko is out and Battie is still in the process of coming back. That leaves Outlaw and Garrity and that scares the crap out of me. I don't see why Augustine shouldn't at least dress and I honestly think he should play. Not 25 minutes a game or anything crazy but 10 to 15 minutes a game would be a good start. Who knows he might impress but I don't see what there is to lose.

Pat Garrity's the man! You're just jealous of his amazing skill. His grace and athleticism are second to none...

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Pat Garrity's the man! You're just jealous of his amazing skill. His grace and athleticism are second to none...

He would be if he played for the PR national team. lol

As much as I'd love to see Augie play, I'd would have prefer to see him play during the earlier part of the season than during the latter part. I just don't think that playing Augie would be a good idea considering what this team is going through. Adding another inexperienced player into the mix is just too big of a risk.