Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to know what is going on with the Carter move. This is what I heard from my girl just a few minutes ago.

Otis gave the Nets an offer and the ball is in their court, and Otis has told the Nets that this is the only deal. They want an answer by Tuesday. I don

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Honestly. As much as I like GHill, I'd rather see him go than JJ. JJ has quite a future ahead of him.

Unless there is another trade, and FutureGM advised that there are many, not including GHill in this deal makes no sense, but I would still do it! By the way future GM....Who is your Girl?????

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I think the team is thinking about moving JJ for these reasons

- Adding Carter will just be adding more offense and less playing time for JJ. When Carter is out of the game the backup SG will be a defensive guy.

- JJ wants to play and to be more then a 3 point shooter role player and he would get that at NJ.

- NJ has a lot of Duke alumni!!

- NJ will save face by at least getting something from the Carter deal.

Now I did not say JJ was for sure because trading Hedo and JJ would be trading most of our 3pt shooters. Travis does not have that much trade value so lets say the Nets want one of our rookies, who would you choose?

Darko

Trevor

JJ

The answer is JJ!

JJ is the only rookie out of those three! And also trading Hedo and Keyon like in the latest roomer would make JJ the back up for Grant and VC along with Bogens. Talk about always haveing offense on the floor.

And think about this how good at defense is the top 2 teams in the NBA right now. They arent! Phoenix and Dallas are total run and gun with lots of offensive power. If thats where we are trying to go Im good with that.

Like many have said, whatever they do, I just hope they keep their young core. And please don't trade JJ cause we're going to regret it big time.

Hedo, Deiner, Dooling & G.Hill are all expendable.

I wouldn't trade Arroyo, Battie or Bogans cause their experience coming off the bench would make the Magic solid contenders.

I'd also get another big guy and let Garrity go.

I'm firmly against a JJ trade component. Let em have Diener and and Hill's contract (Hedo would be good too in helping the nets sell the trade to the public - if they can work that out with another player or team). Orlando still has to get by Miami to get to the big dance. and I expect that to be the case for at least another three playoffs.

Miami didn't have that great a problem with clogging the lanes against Vince last year and their weakness is perimeter defense. The nets loss came down to one thing - not making the outside shot. A threat like JJ stretches the floor and leaves more room for Vince to take it inside as well as opening up the game for Dwight as already has been seen. Miami employed double teams regularly and at other times played way off players to be able to collapse on inside play.

We have alot of options to the basket with Carter and Dwight. The Killer component is adding an outside game that punishes the double team inside. Having the option of JJ at SG and Vince at SF is not a bad option in stretches where you need it. It could even be critical in tight playoff games.

I don't want to trade Redick. Man I hate when I fall in love with our team. I don't like shipping out anybody. However I have a feeling Dooling is going to opt out. So I'll be ok if we trade him. Hedo has been on ice lately but he just scored 24 pts against Portland. I don't want him to go. I do believe Ariza will take Turk's spot next year. But i think Hedo would be money coming off the bench. I would rather trade Hill's contract, I love you G-hill *not gay* but with us having the option to re-sign him I think it's the best deal.

i dont like the idea of involving JJ on this one.. we would be left without any 3 pt shooters to stretch the defense.. hedo/grant/and something for carter IMO is a better scenario..

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Glad to hear Vince and Dwight were the "newly weds" at the all-star events.

And here I thought that Barkley and Bavetta was the only couple enjoined this weekend.