Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
potential destination for Carter with Grant Hill's expiring big contract and several expendable young players such as Darko Milicic, J.J. Redick and perhaps Hedo Turkoglu.

Dear Jesus,

Please make it Hedo, Grant, and a draft pick. Let us keep Darko, JJ, and Ariza.

Thank You,

WPMagic

It seems to me that NJ would be stupid to not blow up their lineup now.

Kidd and Carter aren't getting any younger, and it's already been proven that the Carter/Kidd lineup isn't going to win them a title(might not even win them the weakest division in history), and they're too bogged down salary wise to bring in anyone else to help them out. With Jefferson, Carter, and Kidd combining to make almost 44 million, the Nets have to trade at least one of them in order to bring in anything. The only other player on the team that has a contract worth more than 3 million is Collins, and he's making more than Tony Battie makes in Orlando, while producing half of what Battie does.

It seems like NJ's best bet would be to blow up the franchise and aim to get themselves under the cap, particularly since the Cap could jump far more than it's usual amount this year given all the added revenue from international sources as well as the allstar game in Vegas, and then try to rebuild around Jefferson.

It seems like at this point, the best they'll get would be the agreement of we'll give them Hill's contract, Dooling's contract, and a pick and in return we'll get Carter and we'll have to take on Collins's painfully bloated contract.

This gives us carter and an overpaid backup big no one wants, and it gives New Jersey a draft pick, and 20 million in Cap relief at the end of the year.

"Teaming Carter with Dwight Howard "would make them a great contender in the East for years to come," McGrady said."

Anyone else screaming now at TMAC saying You fool??? You could have been that piece had you just taken the time to go watch the Howard workouts???

Howard>>>>>>>>>>>Yao(breakable as glass)Ming

I think the silence comming from the Magic front office says "Something is in the Oven"! I also found the Carter response I am going to be in Florida as profound" He(Carter) knew exactly what he was saying!

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to know what is going on with the Carter move. This is what I heard from my girl just a few minutes ago.

Otis gave the Nets an offer and the ball is in their court, and Otis has told the Nets that this is the only deal. They want an answer by Tuesday. I don

With every player that anyone suggests to be traded, it seem as if the we the other person is more benefited. Thats why I'm not down with this trade. Hope that clock runs very quick with no trades

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I think the team is thinking about moving JJ for these reasons

- Adding Carter will just be adding more offense and less playing time for JJ. When Carter is out of the game the backup SG will be a defensive guy.

- JJ wants to play and to be more then a 3 point shooter role player and he would get that at NJ.

- NJ has a lot of Duke alumni!!

- NJ will save face by at least getting something from the Carter deal.

Now I did not say JJ was for sure because trading Hedo and JJ would be trading most of our 3pt shooters. Travis does not have that much trade value so lets say the Nets want one of our rookies, who would you choose?

Darko

Trevor

JJ

The answer is JJ!

None of the above........

I would trade them Diener and have a pre-trade deal worked out with the Suns for one of their 1st rounders this year for Diener. This way the Nets get another 1st round pick this year, which would give them more flexability.