Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Chad Fords chat-

Jason (nyc): Are the Magic going to do anything? They have almost no wing scoring...

Chad Ford: (12:41 PM ET ) Tell that to GM Otis Smith who has been saying for days that the team is doing nothing and that he "likes" his team. What are the Magic paying him to do? The team he likes isn't very good right now ... they need wing scoring desperately and they have an asset in Grant Hill's expiring contract that could land them a really talented player. It amazes me how much a few GMs in the league get paid to do nothing. You've got to be proactive and I don't think the Magic have been.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if we do not make any moves today, we will officially be the laughing stock of the NBA. GREAT to be a Magic fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Wow.......Nothing like your GM calling out your mental toughness. In regards to Vince I see where Otis is going. Why risk the future when you can just sign VC over the summer. I also feel the reason he is talking up Ariza so much is that he wants to see how this team truly gels with the young nucleus all together. I am not saying they should not trade for VC it just appears more and more likely they will not.

Also unrelated but since I do not live in Orlando does that radio station stream and does Otis have a weekly scheduled segment.

Yes they stream. Go 740 the team.com and join, they also stream over seas as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Ladies and Gentlemen, if we do not make any moves today, we will officially be the laughing stock of the NBA. GREAT to be a Magic fan.

But wait it gets better, look at this

Chad Ford: (12:45 PM ET ) I think they'd love to move Freddie Jones. I don't think they'll trade Mo Pete unless they can get back a big piece in return. They've been trying to get Darko Milicic, but the Magic are very reluctant to let go of him ... though I wonder if they're really have the guts to pay him in the summer.

You think Ford is just a little venomous?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Current Chad Ford chat tidbits on the Magic:

quote:
Rian (San Francisco): Any insight on the Sonics current state? Are they trying to cut salary? If so, are Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis going anywhere? Could you see an Allen to Utah, Fisher to Cleveland, with both teams throwing a bunch of contracts in their last year back to Seattle? Helps all three teams, no?

Chad Ford: (12:31 PM ET ) I think the Sonics should be more active than they've been. I've been told they've been reluctant to do the deal while they are negotiating a new arena in Seattle. They don't want to appear like they're slashing payroll at the same time they're asking tax payers to pony up for an arena. With that said, given their pretty weak arena proposal we all think they're moving to Oklahoma City anyway ... so let's drop the illusion and start working on the team. I think not trading Lewis will be one of the biggest mistakes of the trade deadline. I bet they lose him for nothing this summer. The free agent class isn't great and lots of teams, headlined by the Bobcats and Magic, will make a strong run for him.

quote:
Jason (nyc): Are the Magic going to do anything? They have almost no wing scoring...

Chad Ford: (12:41 PM ET ) Tell that to GM Otis Smith who has been saying for days that the team is doing nothing and that he "likes" his team. What are the Magic paying him to do? The team he likes isn't very good right now ... they need wing scoring desperately and they have an asset in Grant Hill's expiring contract that could land them a really talented player. It amazes me how much a few GMs in the league get paid to do nothing. You've got to be proactive and I don't think the Magic have been.

He pretty much let Otis have it on that second one. Can't say I disagree at all with Otis's current unwillingness to shake up the roster.

Agreed!!!! Bnole....how in the world do I get that SIG MAN????? Excellent!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Current Chad Ford chat tidbits on the Magic:

I've been wondering all season why our managerial team seems to be so enamored with our current roster. Battie, G Hill, Hedo, Pat, Bo, Arroyo, even Jameer have all played like dog crap this year. We have overvalued all these components and now it is going to cost us a chance at an 8 time all-star. I'm so pissed!

For some reason its beginning to look like the Nets aren't too concerned about losing Carter with nothing to show. Maybe they have free agent plans for the extra cap space? or still think they can resign Carter?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

For some reason its beginning to look like the Nets aren't too concerned about losing Carter with nothing to show. Maybe they have free agent plans for the extra cap space? or still think they can resign Carter?

I can picture Thorn laughing his *** off right now. "You like your team huh Otis. ROFLMAO. Nice talking to ya" and then proceeding to trade him to NY or someone else in the East and NY getting our playoff seed.

Marc - speaking of venom...It's a good thing we don't play at home until Friday. Can you imagine the fans reaction if there was a game tonight and Otis doesn't make a move? Friday will still be pretty bad I imagine though. Especially at the end of the game if we get blown out again.

Chad is on a roll.

league GMs: Why dont most of us relize that to build a championship team you have to make deals and actively tweak your roster.

Chad Ford: (12:57 PM ET ) There's some truth to what you say. Look at the Pistons in 2004 when they made the bold move of getting Rasheed Wallace. Lots of us criticized it, but it put them over the top. The Heat went through a major overhaul in the summer of 2005 and win it all in 2006. I think that too many GMs are risk adverse. They play it safe with the status quo and tell everyone that they tried to make a deal but couldn't. To me the best GMs are the ones that roll the dice. If I owned a team, I'd want a GM who was bold enough to take a chance at greatness instead of milling around at just about .500 every year. If you look at the best GMs in the league ... Joe Dumars, Donnie Walsh, Jerry West ... they aren't afraid to make a big deal and their teams are usually better off for it.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Marc - speaking of venom...It's a good thing we don't play at home until Friday. Can you imagine the fans reaction if there was a game tonight and Otis doesn't make a move? Friday will still be pretty bad I imagine though. Especially at the end of the game if we get blown out again.

Between that and the comment about free agency, I don't imagine that the reception is going to be too warm. I just don't get it, what are they seeing that is leading them to believe that this team just needs time? Sure Dwight and Darko and Trevor and Jameer are going to develop but that still doesn't address the scoring problem, or the effort issue.