Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

I know you have to clear cap space to sign them both but what I was saying is that I think Otis is trying to evaluate the talent level of this team together before adding more parts. Not saying it is right just saying I see where he is coming from.

If J-Rich is very available I would hope they are very looking into it.

Also Chad Ford has a chat on ESPN at noon. Feel free to bombard him with Magic questions.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Teams are required to announce trades by 3pm today, right? I just don't want to wait through this crap any longer than I must.

Yes and no. Teams have until 3:00 PM to notify the league office but if they tell them that a deal is pending and the paperwork hasn't been finalized then they can be given a short extension. Sorry to extend your agony.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I know you have to clear cap space to sign them both but what I was saying is that I think Otis is trying to evaluate the talent level of this team together before adding more parts. Not saying it is right just saying I see where he is coming from.

If J-Rich is very available I would hope they are very looking into it.

Also Chad Ford has a chat on ESPN at noon. Feel free to bombard him with Magic questions.

I understand where you're coming from. IMO though, I think it is already evident who should be traded and who should remain on the team.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Yes and no. Teams have until 3:00 PM to notify the league office but if they tell them that a deal is pending and the paperwork hasn't been finalized then they can be given a short extension. Sorry to extend your agony.

Can anybody remember this many rumors and this much hype circulating around the trade deadline without any solid news to report?

Hedo needs to be out of here while we can still get something for him and I'd love to see it done now maybe for a team that wants to make a playoff push

But Smack without getting back into the back and forth if you really want Mikki Moore and are sure the Nets don't want him in the mix enough to resign him then throw him into the deal for Vince. He's cheap enough not to even matter.

I hope Otis continues to say no to JJ (doesn't have to be a superstar player thats IS an invalid strawman argument), Trevor and Darko. A first round draft pick to save an MLE for a conjectured backup center still aint flying.

Still you got to be a little anxious when you see New York mentioned in the mix. You can never judge what isiaih might do. Whats more I think with Bhill coaching the way he is now Carter could very likely bolt in the offseason

I think you need to move GHill to the 2 and sign Marc Jackson at the point and Pippen at the 3. You would have the Brian "Over The" Hill All-Stars

PG: Marc Jackson

SG: Grant Hill

SF: Scottie Pippen

PF: BO

C: Battie

First off the bench to play any of the 5 starting positions: From NOTRE DAME: PATRICK JOSEPH GARRITY!!

Max, Los Angeles: What's the latest on Jason Kidd? any chance that it will happen in the next 3 hours before the deadline?

Chad Ford: (12:04 PM ET ) Just talked to Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, on my Daily Dish podcast. You can listen to the link from the ESPN.com NBA front page. He's saying that Kidd will be wearing a Nets uniform tomorrow. Sorry Laker fans.

Guess NJ won't be dealing him. Does that mean Vince won't move either?

Chad Fords chat-

Jason (nyc): Are the Magic going to do anything? They have almost no wing scoring...

Chad Ford: (12:41 PM ET ) Tell that to GM Otis Smith who has been saying for days that the team is doing nothing and that he "likes" his team. What are the Magic paying him to do? The team he likes isn't very good right now ... they need wing scoring desperately and they have an asset in Grant Hill's expiring contract that could land them a really talented player. It amazes me how much a few GMs in the league get paid to do nothing. You've got to be proactive and I don't think the Magic have been.

Current Chad Ford chat tidbits on the Magic:

quote:
Rian (San Francisco): Any insight on the Sonics current state? Are they trying to cut salary? If so, are Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis going anywhere? Could you see an Allen to Utah, Fisher to Cleveland, with both teams throwing a bunch of contracts in their last year back to Seattle? Helps all three teams, no?

Chad Ford: (12:31 PM ET ) I think the Sonics should be more active than they've been. I've been told they've been reluctant to do the deal while they are negotiating a new arena in Seattle. They don't want to appear like they're slashing payroll at the same time they're asking tax payers to pony up for an arena. With that said, given their pretty weak arena proposal we all think they're moving to Oklahoma City anyway ... so let's drop the illusion and start working on the team. I think not trading Lewis will be one of the biggest mistakes of the trade deadline. I bet they lose him for nothing this summer. The free agent class isn't great and lots of teams, headlined by the Bobcats and Magic, will make a strong run for him.

quote:
Jason (nyc): Are the Magic going to do anything? They have almost no wing scoring...

Chad Ford: (12:41 PM ET ) Tell that to GM Otis Smith who has been saying for days that the team is doing nothing and that he "likes" his team. What are the Magic paying him to do? The team he likes isn't very good right now ... they need wing scoring desperately and they have an asset in Grant Hill's expiring contract that could land them a really talented player. It amazes me how much a few GMs in the league get paid to do nothing. You've got to be proactive and I don't think the Magic have been.

He pretty much let Otis have it on that second one. Can't say I disagree at all with Otis's current unwillingness to shake up the roster.