Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

I found this on hoopsworld.com

quote:
Vince To Orlando Close? : Despite denials by Magic GM Otis Smith, more than a few league sources say Vince Carter may also be on his way out of New Jersey and that the Magic may have put a deal on the table to nab Vince

Nyce_1,

That is the best piece of news I've seen all day. If those are the players we need to give in order to get Carter, I love the trade.

Here is a quote from a New York Post article today that hints at the same thing.

"While several NBA execs put a damper on the possibility of Kidd moving anywhere by tomorrow's 3 p.m. deadline - one labeled a potential deal as "highly doubtful" - other league sources claimed new talks were initiated regarding Carter, despite his ability to opt out of his contract at season's end.

One exec said there was a 50-50 chance of a trade.

It was not immediately clear what teams pursued Carter, who will make $16.36 million next year if he bypasses free agency. "

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02212007/sports/nets/no_vin...nets_fred_kerber.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I am with you Adam, we have no one on the wings who is a go to guy right now.

Hedo and Grant did a decent job filling that role in the start, but Hedo seems to be sleepwalking (is it the flu?) and Grant's body has AGAIN shown he is not capable of playing an NBA season.

Now the news that Brian Hill does not want Vince has me ready to assemble a mob and storm the RDV with torches and pitchforks.

I have not heard or read about Brian Hill not wanting Carter anywhere except from Magicman28. I even listened to Buchner on 1080 am this morning and didn't hear that. I want a 2nd source to confirm that this is actually true.

Bhill does not want Vince that is the truth.

-Otis called him 'fools gold'

-stated he didn't want a guy at 30 years old..even though he loves GHill.

But guess who DOES want Vince? #12 does, but guess whos' pull reigns supreme? I'll give you a hint, not #12 and it is BS. Dwight is trying to carry a hapless group of players on his back, and this organization will NOT get him any help, and he will have every right to be pissed off.

We will not get Vince or anyone of note, hell from what i've heard we will not even try for Vince in the off-season, all because of our ownership and this god awful coach...OTIS DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH PULL.

If it were strictly up to Otis we WOULD get Vince but it's not, and you guys can guess who has the real power here.

Prepare for nothing Magic fans, maybe something small, but nothing that'll change this team for the better. Brian Hill is wearing on the players, and it shows in their play.

We are F'D as long as Brian is here.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I am with you Adam, we have no one on the wings who is a go to guy right now.

Hedo and Grant did a decent job filling that role in the start, but Hedo seems to be sleepwalking (is it the flu?) and Grant's body has AGAIN shown he is not capable of playing an NBA season.

Now the news that Brian Hill does not want Vince has me ready to assemble a mob and storm the RDV with torches and pitchforks.

I have not heard or read about Brian Hill not wanting Carter anywhere except from Magicman28. I even listened to Buchner on 1080 am this morning and didn't hear that. I want a 2nd source to confirm that this is actually true.

Bhill does not want Vince that is the truth.

-Otis called him 'fools gold'

-stated he didn't want a guy at 30 years old..even though he loves GHill.

But guess who DOES want Vince? #12 does, but guess whos' pull reigns supreme? I'll give you a hint, not #12 and it is BS. Dwight is trying to carry a hapless group of players on his back, and this organization will NOT get him any help, and he will have every right to be pissed off.

We will not get Vince or anyone of note, hell from what i've heard we will not even try for Vince in the off-season, all because of our ownership and this god awful coach...OTIS DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH PULL.

If it were strictly up to Otis we WOULD get Vince but it's not, and you guys can guess who has the real power here.

Prepare for nothing Magic fans, maybe something small, but nothing that'll change this team for the better. Brian Hill is wearing on the players, and it shows in their play.

We are F'D as long as Brian is here.

I could not agree more, I still can not believe the "Fools Gold" comment by Otis. It is one thing to get pummeled by a good Detroit team, but another to look away and see that Grant Hill and Hedo are currently disasters as starters.

I don't think JJ is the answer either, I think he can be a very good scorer off the bench. But I have yet seen him be able to create his own shot, which is what we dearly need on the wing.

I am blown away at how many of you are contorting Otis' remarks. He never said VC is fools gold. He said what GMs are offering is fools gold. He never said the fans are unknowledgable. Rather, he said he can't just go by polls and make a trade that won't benefit the team. And yes, he did ask Jerry (740 am) if he (Jerry) would trade a 21 year old big for a 30 sg. Fair question, imho. Moreover, he DID say that he, the coach, ownership, and the team DOES have to answer to all of the criticism. My point: Many of you are projecting your anger to anything and everything Magic and it is starting to distort reality.

quote:

I am blown away at how many of you are contorting Otis' remarks. He never said VC is fools gold. He said what GMs are offering is fools gold. He never said the fans are unknowledgable. Rather, he said he can't just go by polls and make a trade that won't benefit the team. And yes, he did ask Jerry (740 am) if he (Jerry) would trade a 21 year old big for a 30 sg. Fair question, imho. Moreover, he DID say that he, the coach, ownership, and the team DOES have to answer to all of the criticism. My point: Many of you are projecting your anger to anything and everything Magic and it is starting to distort reality.

I did not hear it, only what others are saying. If that is true, it is being taken out of context (but probably not a smart comparison in any context).

No, I would not put Darko in the deal if that is what it takes. But my bigger worry is this team will still not pursue it this summer as reports have come out that Brian Hill does not want VC on this team.

IN case anyone was wondering Vince had 46 points lastnight! HMMMM wonder why we would be interested in having a player like that. If I remember correctly we haven't have a player score that many points in over 2 seasons. COMON VINCE

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

BH, that officially wins the best signature award! Awesome!!

Thanks, it is my official Brian Hill/RDV protest sig. Made it out of frustration this morning....

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I was really hoping that Vince's 46 point effort last night was a parting gift to all the Nets fans.

and a "come and get me" to Otis, oh hang on, our GM seems too stupid to see that we need a scorer