Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

The interview was great with otis. I thought the shotdoctor was pushing his buttons to see what he's say. I think otis is a great GM and has the teams best interest at hand.

I also got the impression that NJ is asking for WAY TOO MUCH for Vince, and Otis was strong stating that he wouldn't just trade to make a trade.

Just like FutureGM has been saying since the beginning, he is playing poker and NOT BUDGING. Only way NJ doesn't trade Vince is if the GM up there is an EGO maniac and doesn't want to get taken at the poker table.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

The guys on the radio are idiots. They're telling Otis to trade Darko, Turk, and JJ for Vince. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Otis call Vince "fools gold"?!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:

The guys on the radio are idiots. They're telling Otis to trade Darko, Turk, and JJ for Vince. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a very general statement about everything that was being tossed around about the possible trades. It wasn't specific to Vince! In fact it sounded more as if he was pandering to Thorn or the other GM's that attempt to read into him. IMO

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:

It was a very general statement about everything that was being tossed around about the possible trades. It wasn't specific to Vince! In fact it sounded more as if he was pandering to Thorn or the other GM's that attempt to read into him. IMO

Did he say anything else about Vince?

Man, I hate this. I just wanna see "VC has been traded to Orlando!".

Otis says over and over that he likes the team as it is and he expects the same guys that played in N.Y. to be playing Friday. He said that acquiring Vince and giving up one of our young guys is going backwards. Otis expects the team to do better when the guys are healthy and is content with Diener being our third point guard. I believe he means what he says and that there is a 99% chance that no trade will be made at this time.

Do I like the team the way it is?-NO....Do I think Brian Hill is doing a good job Like Otis says(said earlier)?-NO......Can I do anything about it?-YES....I will wait until after the playoffs (probably without the Magic)then I will decide.

Meanwhile I will conclude that what the fans have to say is not very important because they are "JUST fans".-Quote from-Otis!

This thread should be a wrap.

quote:
Meanwhile I will conclude that what the fans have to say is not very important because they are "JUST fans".-Quote from-Otis!

If Otis said this than he's dumber than we've all thought.

And Our Franchise now rests in the hands of a complete MORON.

THESE FANS buy Season Tickets, Merchantise, if it weren't for the FANS do you think you'd be able to sell your precious advertising. Us FANS pay your Salary you ignorant degenerate.

If Otis didn't say this than I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he gets the big picture.

And if not he should be working at Fast Willie's Chicken and Waffle stand by this time next week.

Love,

John the Jerk

Everyone that is taking Otis at his word when he says "nothing is in the works" needs to go to insidehoops.com. Its a compliation website of various articles and basketball rumors. After reading it there is one common theme: Every GM in the league is denying that they are trying to trade anybody.

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

quote:

THESE FANS buy Season Tickets, Merchantise, if it weren't for the FANS do you think you'd be able to sell your precious advertising. Us FANS pay your Salary you ignorant degenerate.

If Otis didn't say this than I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he gets the big picture.

And if not he should be working at Fast Willie's Chicken and Waffle stand by this time next week.

Love,

John the Jerk

Solution, he did not say that at all. I listened to the entire interview. You can dislike him all you want, but don't make up quotes.

Soul Bro,

First I did not makeup this Quote "Thats not my style". This was on The Solutions Post on pg. 22.

Here is his post:

Otis says over and over that he likes the team as it is and he expects the same guys that played in N.Y. to be playing Friday. He said that acquiring Vince and giving up one of our young guys is going backwards. Otis expects the team to do better when the guys are healthy and is content with Diener being our third point guard. I believe he means what he says and that there is a 99% chance that no trade will be made at this time.

Do I like the team the way it is?-NO....Do I think Brian Hill is doing a good job Like Otis says(said earlier)?-NO......Can I do anything about it?-YES....I will wait until after the playoffs (probably without the Magic)then I will decide.

This thread should be a wrap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Solution, February 21, 2007 06:56 PM

Secondly I never said I did not like Otis Smith, I stated if that quote was indeed correct that Otis was a Moron.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

quote:

Love,

John the Jerk

Solution, he did not say that at all. I listened to the entire interview. You can dislike him all you want, but don't make up quotes.

Soul Bro,

My quote is "JUST fans". Otis has said that more than once in two interviews when Otis is asked about the fans expectations. Sorry but maybe he doesn't think we are knowledgeable, and in most cases he is right.

It's one thing to think it and another to say it.