Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I see draft express has Cleveland taking Hardaway jr with the first pick in the second round....ours. Im so glad we have Justin Harper on our team instead!

Thankfully its a new day and regardless of who we draft, it will be who this staff thinks is the best fit to help us become the best team we can. I love the fact that everyone has their own idea of who we should draft or trade for, but can we all agree that we are building to something great in the future.

Ceiling: Marcus Camby

Floor: Stromlie Swift

Stro is about the best worst-case comparison I've heard so far. Then again, Marcus Camby is also the best best-case scenario that is still the worst.

Speaking of Stromile, I dug him up in an old draft article that might be fun to apply to this year's draft:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Eight-Common-Profiles-of-a-Bust-37/

1. The Overrated College Star - Trey Burke?

2. The Tweener - Anthony Bennett?

3. The Stiff - Rudy Gobert?

4. The I Told You You're Not Ready Kids – - apparently not Marcus Smart. haha

5. The Workout Warriors - A bit early to say...

6. The Athlete - Noel?

7. The Knucklehead - Shabazz or McLemore?

8. The Clones - None here but there will be plenty next year...

I see draft express has Cleveland taking Hardaway jr with the first pick in the second round....ours. Im so glad we have Justin Harper on our team instead!

we should of had a protection on the pick.

While no one I spoke with declared him the top player on their draft boards, a number of GMs told me Oladipo was their favorite player in the draft, possibly the player with the most upside of anyone on the board. "Athletically he's so gifted," one GM said. "And he combines that with hard work both in the game and in practice. He keeps working on his game and getting better. His attitude was just special in the interview we had. He's humble, but confident. He doesn't draw attention to himself, but when he speaks he sounds like a leader. I worry about his jump shot a little and his ball handling, too. But I really feel like he's going to get better. And if he does? We'll all regret not taking him. All of us." ESPN.com

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of this process, Oladipo ends up No. 1 or No. 2 on a number of boards. ESPN.com

Read more at http://hoopshype.com...hIYZJ0A0IoSt.99

I guess that Burke floor general capabilities are overrated. He doesn´t show more than just a few flashes. He shows great signs of shooting, some leaderships, and he looks capable to take over a game in some games in the NCAA. But im still think he is not soo good as some people think he is.

Bledsoe isn´t a PG start caliber, im not saying he couldn´t be, but at this point it´s difficult. Not a good move to sign someone for a lot of money to see "what happens" you must be sure… don´t be "Otis" lol. High risk move. Not look like a Henny move.

I don't get how you can make this statement. What are you basing this off of? We know nothing about Bledsoe at all, and to say he is better than anyone in this draft is foolish. I can all but guarantee you that in 3 years we will look back and their will be at minimum 7 players that are far and away better than Bledsoe. Would I like to have Bledsoe? Sure, but for what money he's going to get, probably not considering he's essentially an unknown talent. He is athletic, but what else?

Bledsoe had a 17.6 PER last season. That's comparable to Ty Lawson (17.96), Jrue Holiday (16.74) and Damien Lillard (16.45). His efficiency rating over a 48 minute calculation is almost identical to Deron Williams http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/13/2/eff/1-3

Now, admittedly, Bledsoe only averaged 20 minutes a game and it's speculative to calculate out stats for 48 minutes using only 20 minutes of playing time, but the point is that Bledsoe at least has enough NBA experience to review to believe he can be an effective point guard in the league. There are enough legitimate concerns with each of this year's draft picks that you are also speculating when you say that you guarantee that at least 7 of them will be better than Bledsoe. As a result, under the right trade and salary circumstances, I'd prefer Bledsoe over any of the players in this draft.

As for salary, below are the salary slots for the top 4 rookie picks in this year's draft. If a new Bledsoe contract is in this range, then I don't see it as overpaying for him. If, however, the market would pay him significantly more than this, than I agree with you and the other posters wholeheartedly that he's not worth the long term committment when he hasn't been tested as a starter yet.

NBA Rookie Scale 2013-2014 (4th Year Option: Percentage Increased Over 3rd Year Salary)

Pick 1 $4,436,900 $4,636,600 $4,836,300 26.1%

Pick 2 $3,969,800 $4,148,500 $4,327,100 26.2%

Pick 3 $3,565,000 $3,725,400 $3,885,800 26.4%

Pick 4 $3,214,200 $3,358,800 $3,503,500 26.5%

Bledsoe had a 17.6 PER last season. That's comparable to Ty Lawson (17.96), Jrue Holiday (16.74) and Damien Lillard (16.45). His efficiency rating over a 48 minute calculation is almost identical to Deron Williams http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/13/2/eff/1-3

Now, admittedly, Bledsoe only averaged 20 minutes a game and it's speculative to calculate out stats for 48 minutes using only 20 minutes of playing time, but the point is that Bledsoe at least has enough NBA experience to review to believe he can be an effective point guard in the league. There are enough legitimate concerns with each of this year's draft picks that you are also speculating when you say that you guarantee that at least 7 of them will be better than Bledsoe. As a result, under the right trade and salary circumstances, I'd prefer Bledsoe over any of the players in this draft.

As for salary, below are the salary slots for the top 4 rookie picks in this year's draft. If a new Bledsoe contract is in this range, then I don't see it as overpaying for him. If, however, the market would pay him significantly more than this, than I agree with you and the other posters wholeheartedly that he's not worth the long term committment when he hasn't been tested as a starter yet.

NBA Rookie Scale 2013-2014 (4th Year Option: Percentage Increased Over 3rd Year Salary)

Pick 1 $4,436,900 $4,636,600 $4,836,300 26.1%

Pick 2 $3,969,800 $4,148,500 $4,327,100 26.2%

Pick 3 $3,565,000 $3,725,400 $3,885,800 26.4%

Pick 4 $3,214,200 $3,358,800 $3,503,500 26.5%

When I think of a starting point guard I immediately think of someone who's ranked 54th in assist ratio while being 70th in turnover ratio.