Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I was going to come on here and say that I was up for drafting Noel, recalling how scrawny D12 was when he came into the league (I would have assessed 210 or so). However, I looked up his weight: 240 when he came into the league. Yikes. I was wrong. In this case, no matter how hard he tries, I don't think Noel will ever get over 240 (if he was 225 in college). I mean, does anyone else really see him bulking up to be THAT much of a defensive stopper?

My opinion: go back in the draft and take C.J., or go with a solid role player in Otto Porter / Oladipo.

My bank: we take a SG/SF and look to trade away that SG/SF, Harkless, or Harris next year in the draft for Marcus Smart should we not be high enough (or too high and can get Wiggins/Parker/Randle). Within that theory though, do we really go another year on Jameer's 31 year old frail body? Are we going to wait around for the PG we covet?

If i can start with all the players that lead their teams in scoring and fail in the nba… anyway i say that he has a good offensive game, he can shoot and he can be clutch, but he can´t finish.

But what im saying is he´s defense. No one that understand the basic of BB can say that he isn´t a bad defender. The defense is something about all the players in the floor, nor just one of them, but you need to have some tools to do make it.

I was going to come on here and say that I was up for drafting Noel, recalling how scrawny D12 was when he came into the league (I would have assessed 210 or so). However, I looked up his weight: 240 when he came into the league. Yikes. I was wrong. In this case, no matter how hard he tries, I don't think Noel will ever get over 240 (if he was 225 in college). I mean, does anyone else really see him bulking up to be THAT much of a defensive stopper?

My opinion: go back in the draft and take C.J., or go with a solid role player in Otto Porter / Oladipo.

My bank: we take a SG/SF and look to trade away that SG/SF, Harkless, or Harris next year in the draft for Marcus Smart should we not be high enough (or too high and can get Wiggins/Parker/Randle). Within that theory though, do we really go another year on Jameer's 31 year old frail body? Are we going to wait around for the PG we covet?

Larry Sanders is 6'11' 235

Trey Burke and the PG's next. If Burke tests well and proves me wrong about his athleticism I'd happily get on board with drafting him even if we pick 1st overall.

And I will go the other way with it. If he tests bad and doesn't seem as athletic as I think he can be. I wont be as high on him as before. If that is the case I hope we trade down cause I don't like Noel and I think we should look for a deal to get a good player or picks and still take whoever we feel is the best pg in the draft.

McLemore finished last in the shuttle drill measurement among 2 guards

either he didn't try or his lateral quickness is average

also Shabazz isn't even participating today; what a failure

Some guys on the ESPNU draft panel on Trey Burke (paraphrased) "He's not a top (NBA) point guard, I don't think anybody in the NBA considers him to be an elite prospect but there's nothing wrong with being a starting caliber guard"

McLemore finished last in the shuttle drill measurement among 2 guards

either he didn't try or his lateral quickness is average

also Shabazz isn't even participating today; what a failure

Dwayne Wade finished last among 2 guards when he did the shuttle drill.

I can't wait to see what happens. Where we draft, trades, etc.

I also want to see who picks Shabazz

I think the Wizards or Portland might go for Shabazz. I think him plus Beal and Wall would be quite a scoring trio indeed, though some might argue he's perhaps a bit on the short side for a SF.

Larkin has a 44' vertical? Crazy. I won't put that much stock into it since Jordan Farmar had a 42' vertical but it's still impressive. Also Burke measured poorly in the normal lane agility at 9th among point guards but he's 2nd in the modified lane agility drill, what?

And I'm just gonna call BS on Zeller's combine stats. He didn't play like an athletic player at all in an actual game while the numbers show he's the next Blake Griffin.