Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Noel's frame is nothing like Dwight's. Howard was thin but he had broad shoulders and you could tell he was going to fill into a monster. Noel on the other hand is built like a #2 pencil

Noel's weight would be the least of my worries regarding drafting him. The wise move is to have him sit 2013, get healthy and bulk up and come back ready to ball out in 2014, with whomever our other lottery pick is.

Nerlens Noel measurements: 6'10" in socks and 6'11.5" in shoes. 7' 3.75" wingspan and a very good 9-2 standing reach.

KU's Ben McLemore was just 6'3.5" in socks and 6'4.75" in shoes. He does, however have a 6'7.75" wingspan.

Trey Burke. 5'11.75" in socks. 6'1.25" shoes. 6'5.5" wingspan. Good measurement for him.

Victor Oladipo was even smaller at 6'3.25" in socks and 6'4.25" in shoes. His wingspan was a very long 6'9.25" however.

Otto Porter was big with a 6'7.5" in socks and 6' 8.5" in shoes measurement . He has a very big 7'1.5" wing.

CJ McCollum 6'2.25" in socks. 6'3.25" shoes. 6'6.25" wing

Shabazz Muhammad was much smaller Measuring 6'4.75" in socks and 6'6.25" in shoes He does have a 6'11" wingspan.

Cody Zeller 6'10.75" in socks and 7'0.25" in shoes. His 6-10.75 wing and 8'10" standing reach is on the small side however.

Rudy Gobert 7'0.5" in socks and 7'2" in shoes with a crazy 7'8.5" wingspan and insane 9'7" standing reach.

Steven Adams. 6'10.75" socks. 7'0" shoes. 7'4.5" wing 9'1.5" standing reach.

Gobert can almost grab the rim without jumping. Crazy.

Good measurement for Burke. That'll raise his value.

Katz said a few execs raved about Steve Adams' honesty and Trey Burke's attitude & willingness to be great in their team interviews. Noel also confirmed he interviewed with Orlando last night.

Fran Fraschilla was saying that multiple GMs are worried about Noel's weight. He's not going to be able to defend opposing centers (or even power forwards) on the ball at his current bulk.

He's not going to see the court at his current weight. He was 225 at UK and lost weight due to rehab. If he dedicates a year to recovery and putting on weight he can come in and immediately be a defensive stopper.

Some thoughts after the measurements:

• Noel's weight scares the heck out of me
  • So BMac is shorter than Beal? Ugghh
  • Porter has great size. Better version of T. Prince?
  • Burke's size is what we expected

I really am beginning to think we'll move back if we get the first pick. I'm not certain the guy that goes 1 will be better than 5. McCollum anyone?

Some thoughts after the measurements:

• Noel's weight scares the heck out of me
  • So BMac is shorter than Beal? Ugghh
  • Porter has great size. Better version of T. Prince?
  • Burke's size is what we expected

I really am beginning to think we'll move back if we get the first pick. I'm not certain the guy that goes 1 will be better than 5. McCollum anyone?

I think Burke's measurements were good for him.

Burke and Porter's measurables helped their stock

Olidipo with a 6-9 reach is pretty impressive as well.

Noels is reminding more and more of DeAndre Jordan....great leaper and shot blocker but can be whipped in the post by stronger players.