Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I just read up on this guy and Draft Express would make it sounds like he has a higher ceiling than Burke with great court vision, longer wingspan, and a "lightning quick" first step. Why is he only ranked #19 on the big boards?

Was relatively unknown until recently and also has an attitude problem, he refused to enter the game in the last couple mins during a blowout win recently and also failed to show up for training after the Nike Hoop Summit.

Here's a curve ball I've been thinking about...

Given Henny's history with SA's strategy and players like Parker and Ginobili, would it surprise you if he traded back to dump a contract and then drafted Dennis Schroeder? Getting crazy! rollbaby.gif

He has attitude issues. The Magic will have to 1 on 1 with him before they could commit to a guy like that. That is why they wanted Smart so badly. He is a tireless worker and the perfect successor to Jameer.

Bu I do like that move a lot. Trading down is going to be the first thing Henny explores.

I still think a lot of stuff is being thrown against the wall by journalists right now. There is simply no way anyone knows what the Magic will do this early. And a trade down is impossible to guess at until we know the draft position #s. I only know they assigned a lot of scouting time to Porter and Smart a few months ago.

What's the status on C.J. McCollum?

According to recent interviews he's healthy and ready to prove it to teams come pre-draft workouts.

According to recent interviews he's healthy and ready to prove it to teams come pre-draft workouts.

That's good to hear. Aside from all the Burke talk I was really interested in him during the beginning of the season.

For all the Burke lovers on here. http://www.freep.com/article/20130503/SPORTS06/305030083/trey-burke-nba-draft-workout-slam

Watch the video, I'm sure most of you probably have. I have no doubt the kid will be able to score from the perimeter but I still have my main concerns with him; Defense, Passing (true PG?), ability to get to the lane with bigger more athletic guards on him (struggled in college).

For all the Burke lovers on here. http://www.freep.com/article/20130503/SPORTS06/305030083/trey-burke-nba-draft-workout-slam

Watch the video, I'm sure most of you probably have. I have no doubt the kid will be able to score from the perimeter but I still have my main concerns with him; Defense, Passing (true PG?), ability to get to the lane with bigger more athletic guards on him (struggled in college).

Burke has a great assist turnover ratio and averaged 7 assists a game. What will allow burke to get in the lane is his pure shooting from range. Players will try to close to hard and go over screen verse burk. Then burke will abuse them as a result.

He is not currently as pure a shooter as S. Curry, not many players are in the league, but they have similar styles in there game. Burke, to me, will be the better passer and limit turnovers more in his career. I don't think he will be the scorer that curry is but I think he will make players around him better and give the same and simular impact on the game.

I'd want him to take the season off and rehab, if we were to draft him

An ACL tear may take close to 2 years to completely heal (personal experience)

just going by what I have been hearing. That is also why rose is still out.